VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either started, just finishing. Not I'm gonna do one soon..like you've already started to take the motor out of the old car and beyond that. Just wondering how popular the swap is. Also what car it's going into and what car the motor came from.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Re: How many people here are doing a 1.8t swap RIGHT NOW??? (Mysterio619)

just started it tonight and is set for dyno time http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Re: How many people here are doing a 1.8t swap RIGHT NOW??? (g6019l)

98% done just trying to figure out this wiring problem
.. its a 2002 AWP fromk a Jetta into a 94 Golf 4 door

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (GTI_Dawg)

Quote, originally posted by GTI_Dawg »
I'm going to be having my 1.8T swap starting within the next couple weeks....fingers crossed.

not what I asked

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Re: (Mysterio619)

Quote, originally posted by Mysterio619 »

not what I asked

yes but you were asking how popular the swap is...so now you know.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

hmm maybe i'll just sell it. i don't feel like screwing with the dash for the immobilizer. it is an AWW from a 2001 golf

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (bengone1)

there is away around the immobilizer without the cluster....I don't know it but I know a shop that has done it on most of their 20v swaps

·
Registered
3,803 Posts

you can use an early 2000 tt ecu there was no imob on those...... mines done 2001 gti AWW into 96 jetta

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Re: (lukedwag)

Lukedawg: what P/N ECU and what else needed to be done wiring wise to the harness? what did you do for a downpipe and intercooler
mysterio: what shop is this everyone i have talked to wanted to sell me standalone or told me impossible/they didn't know.
i have EVERY wire from the car...no really there is not a single wire left in it from horn to license plate lights. dome lights included

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Re: (bengone1)

I have also started the swap, last week friday.
Yea I need to get around that immobilizer. Its getting rid of it, or its replacing the thing where the key goes, in my dash. So you need 2 keys to start the car.

Any way its getting done lol.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I started my swap 3 weeks ago. 2001 AWW going into an 87 Jetta. I need to still figure out how to get around the Immobilizer. I want to start the engine in the wreak before I begin pulling my 87 engine and its throwing the following:
01176 - Key
65-10 - Unauthorized - Intermittent

·
Registered
936 Posts
Re: (JettaDriverFound)

well i started my swap a few months ago but i am reconstructing the howl car from scrap its a 86 scirocco gtx i have had for 5 year and finely earned the money to do it up
engine should arrive at my home on monday completely ready for the swap just to put it in like a glove
many thanks to terry Goncalves how originally did the swap on his scirocco which you can see on http://www.scirocco.org
and this is my car which is going in to body shop for paint on Sunday

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Re: (talx)

Quote, originally posted by talx »
well i started my swap a few months ago but i am reconstructing the howl car from scrap its a 86 scirocco gtx i have had for 5 year and finely earned the money to do it up
engine should arrive at my home on monday completely ready for the swap just to put it in like a glove
many thanks to terry Goncalves how originally did the swap on his scirocco which you can see on http://www.scirocco.org
and this is my car which is going in to body shop for paint on Sunday

that is EXACTLY how my golf looked when i got it. 3 days later it had a vr6 in it. i couldnt paint it tho. i was gunna do a 1.8t swap but i totaled my a3 vr6 and needed a car. i will get a 1.8t swap out one of these days tho.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts