VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
4,773 Posts
Re: how much boost can a ABA engine take... (advanced technologys)

well, with 10:1 factory compression, probably 6psi. maybe 9psi intercooled. i'm not the expert, that's just my guesses. either way, with a name like advanced technologies, shouldn't you know the answer

· Registered
7,238 Posts
Re: how much boost can a ABA engine take... (slomofo.)

Quote, originally posted by slomofo. »
well, with 10:1 factory compression, probably 6psi. maybe 9psi intercooled. i'm not the expert, that's just my guesses. either way, with a name like advanced technologies, shouldn't you know the answer

look at the pic...looks like he learned the hard way.

· Banned
2,302 Posts
Re: how much boost can a ABA engine take... (advanced technologys)

Quote, originally posted by advanced technologys »

this is what happens when you have 22 psi and to much advanced timing

This is the exact reason you don't run 22psi on a stock motor with stock engine management.

· Registered
8,820 Posts
Re: (JoshGarman)

Unless you were trying to blow up your engine you deserved it. A stock engine running 22psi of boost? You're lucky the VW Gods didnt come down and smack you for that one. Truley absurd.

Edit: Did he ever say it was a bone stock motor before he boosted it?

· Banned
2,385 Posts
Re: (FroOch)

someone in Conn. is running 20 or so psi on a stock aba, with sds from what i know. has done so successfully for a while, then blew his motor a day before waterfest, and had another motor in the same night to make it to waterfest.
i take it 20psi is doable, but not reliable.

· Banned
7,257 Posts
Re: (vwgroundzero)

vwgroundzero said:
someone in Conn. is running 20 or so psi on a stock aba, with sds from what i know. has done so successfully for a while, then blew his motor a day before waterfest, and had another motor in the same night to make it to waterfest.QUOTE]
thats dedication and hard work http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
4,668 Posts
Re: how much boost can a ABA engine take... (slomofo.)

Quote, originally posted by slomofo. »
either way, with a name like advanced technologies, shouldn't you know the answer

you'd think so.....except his name is advanced technologys, lol.

· Registered
21,040 Posts
Re: how much boost can a ABA engine take... (WhenDubsCry)

Quote, originally posted by WhenDubsCry »

you'd think so.....except his name is advanced technologys, lol.

lol sad.

· Registered
4,509 Posts
Re: (vwgroundzero)

Quote, originally posted by vwgroundzero »
someone in Conn. is running 20 or so psi on a stock aba, with sds from what i know. has done so successfully for a while, then blew his motor a day before waterfest, and had another motor in the same night to make it to waterfest.
i take it 20psi is doable, but not reliable.

One of my good hriends...not on the 'tex though...to busy building motors, which by the way, he's now running an ABA block, 16V head(1.8L), bigger valves, still has the SDS, 8.0:1 compression...too much to list, can't wait till spring http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.