VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much boost can you run with digi? Lets say i have an unblowable motor. Just the highest it can go. Thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
Re: How much boost w/Digi? (hotrodjeff)

digi-1?
I did the map sensor upgrade and ran over 22 psi but that was on a glader the turbo could have run over 30psi

·
Banned
5,765 Posts

I ran 24psi on the stock MAP sensor (2 bar) Just after 2bar the MAP sensor doesnt compensate for more boost since it cant read it. Just make sure it runs rich at 14psi and turn up the boost.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: How much boost w/Digi? (GTibunny16v)

At 2 bar of boost? so that would be 29.4 psi. See i thought of building a motor to take more boost but i was told digi can't do alot. He said he was surprised that it can handle my 16 psi.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Re: How much boost w/Digi? (GTibunny16v)

I am running 18 psi daily, it is off the stock map which stops at 15 psi. You can have a map sensor installed into your ecu and new software or you can just tune for out of map levels. I have an FMU I plan on using to up fuel on high boost.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Pretty much i want to know what i have to do to run 25psi-30psi w/digi. If it is possible.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts

Quote, originally posted by hotrodjeff »
Pretty much i want to know what i have to do to run 25psi-30psi w/digi. If it is possible.

you might as well go buy standalone because with that type of attitude you are going to blow up the "unblowable" motor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts