VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much if any n2o are guys running? i need to know the max i can run i came into a new motor with cams springs and all the trimings im thinking 100 shot is gonna be to much. so should i do a 50 shot?
let me know any info
thanks
jay

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: how much can a 2.0 take (jays vdub)

Think conservatively...a 50 shot is safe no matter what, and it will give you a lot of power, so just try that and if your happy with the power then stick there. There is no reason that you can't go higher if you retard you ignition with a turbo chip. Also, zex is a good kit (for a dry kit)...

·
Banned
8,944 Posts
Re: how much can a 2.0 take (Steve-O Danger)

Whatever you do, please go wet. Spend the extra money. You can use a larger shot and its a lot safer. Using a dry shot doesnt mean that you are defenatly going to blow up your engine, but I have seen Vr6's and 2.0's with a lot of damage to them with just a dry 50 shoot.
I say dont risk it, good luck either way

·
Registered
201 Posts

Search for nitrous in these forums...you will find that you can run dry, or wet without problems assuming that you engine is mechanically in good condition. If you can run a stage 1 turbo, making 50 extra BHP without upgrading your fuel system, then you can run a 50 shot of nitrous without upgrading your fuel system, assuming your fuel system is in good mechanical order. Just CHECK YOUR PLUGS. And check them right after you run a quarter mile. As in run the 1/4, turn of your engine, and pull the plugs. If you have a good fuel system then there is no reason you can't run a dry shot, especially if it is a 50 shot.
Also here is my two cents...if dry shots were so bad then, realistically, do you think there would be companies manufacturing them??? Zex isn't going to make a product that sux, they just aren's. Most nitrous problems come from user error, not manufacturer error.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Search for nitrous in these forums...you will find that you can run dry, or wet without problems assuming that you engine is mechanically in good condition. If you can run a stage 1 turbo, making 50 extra BHP without upgrading your fuel system, then you can run a 50 shot of nitrous without upgrading your fuel system, assuming your fuel system is in good mechanical order. Just CHECK YOUR PLUGS. And check them right after you run a quarter mile. As in run the 1/4, turn of your engine, and pull the plugs. If you have a good fuel system then there is no reason you can't run a dry shot, especially if it is a 50 shot.
Also here is my two cents...if dry shots were so bad then, realistically, do you think there would be companies manufacturing them??? Zex isn't going to make a product that sux, they just aren's. Most nitrous problems come from user error, not manufacturer error.[HR][/HR]​
This is all good and true.... but like ANYONE that makes mods to there car.... you will always want more... and more than 50 is NOT safe with a dry shot on our cars... there is no denying that.

·
Registered
201 Posts

True, we will always want more...but your not going to go with a 300 shot of nitrous. If you willing to put the money in for a 80+ shot of nitrous done correctly (fogger system, direct port) then you might as well get a turbo, for a little more $. On a practical level N2O is really only good for a little extra boost. If you really want power, N20 isn't the way to go.

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

well the motor i have in the car right now has 102k miles on it i am gonna pull that motor out and want to build a silly turbo but i havve other things that are gonna come first. the motor im putting in is out of a 95 jetta my freind built it he used to work for a vw dealership. its got a tt 268 cam all the tt springs and retainers ive got a msd 6al ignition with it also. the motor im putting in has approx 30k on the block but he had built the motor the right way no hacking it together because it was going to be for his daily driver. what am i looking at pricce wise for a turbo set up nothing crazy yet but just till i save up enough.

thanks for all of the information
jay

·
Banned
2,251 Posts

a wet 50shot will do you no harm if installed correctly, but i too would stay away from the DRY kits, or anything much larger then a 50. as for your Turbo question it all depends, try searching the F/I forum for "TURBO" but keep in mind, you gotta pay to play!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Re: how much can a 2.0 take (SquEEzin)

run a 40 or 60 hp shot what you really need to do is port each cylinder individuallywith either a 10 or 15 hp shot. the reason for this is that because of the weight difference between nitrous and gas you will have an unbalanced spray if you just run it in your intake tube. i forget if it is lighter or heavier but all the gas goes to one side and all the n2o goes to the other... result: dead engine . you will mushroom your pistons. trust me on this i have seen it in person with one of my retarded friends

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.