VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no luck in the 16v forum so here goes... It is an 87 scirocco 16v with 104601mi on the chassis and 2500mi on the drivetrain. rebuilt 1.8 bottom end, rebuilt head with new guides, cam bearings, valves, retainers, springs, etc, 2.0 oil pump, vw motorsport windage tray, p/p, 3angle valve grind, stock cams, TT race dp with custom mandrel bent 2.25" exhaust. with factory resonator only, new fuel pumps (300mi ago, both in tank, and main), all new gaskets, injector o-rings, clipped throttle body, euro headlights, piaa bulbs, falken azenis tires with 3/4 tread left, brembo rotors, pbr metal masters pads, relocated battery in scca approved box, shaved side mouldings, autotech power module, neuspeed front upper strut brace. all new bushings, boge shocks with stock springs, stock tear drops, TT sport motor mounts, custom weighted and shortened shifter with all new bushings and black momo race airleather knob, sparco carbon fiber pedals, aiwa head unit, pioneer front speakers only, 3 gauge pod with autometer air/fuel gauge, vdo oil pressure, and vdo oil temp, brand new O2 sensor, ACT stage 1 clutch, rebuilt 9a tranny with .80 5th, K&N drop in filter, brand new axles and cv joints, brand new tie rods and ball joints, custom breather, tinted tail lights, 18% tint, billet bee sting antenna, billet e-brake, bulldog alarm, factory a/c blows super cold, heater core was replaced a year ago and works very very well, and lots of trim replacement and fixing here and there, and probably a bunch of other stuff i cant remember. ive had the car for about 2 years now, and all of the above work was done within the last 18mo (within the last 3500mi). all of the work was done in my shop, where i make a living working on VW's...so everything mechanical on this rocco is in tip top condition, as it has been my pride and joy since i bought it. right now it hasnt even been started in a little over a month because i have several other VWs to get me to and from in the nasty weather. at this point i have too many cars (if thats possible), and would like to know how much i could get for this if i were to sell it. Here in kansas, roccos are very very few and far between. i paid $2000 for this rocco, and it was missing the trans and driveshafts . to date i have a little over $6000 total in the car. i ran a 14.2 last fall with the azenis, and some track tuning. i weighed it at a truck weigh station a few months ago and it is 2044lb with a full tank. the body is straight, with only a few dings here and there and a little fading on the fender flares. all original paint except for the hood. small tears in the usual spots on the drivers seat. and right now, it is sans 80 lbs worth of bumpers b/c i had some euro bumps lined up, but the guy fell through

heres a bunch of pics http://www.81x.com/adidas_mc/ebay
they are pretty old pics, and alot of the wiring (interior and engine bay), and the engine bay itself have been cleaned up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts