VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Re: How much do you pay for insurance?(took for mk4 fourm) (LedJetta)

I'm in ny 21 yr old, progressive..liability 5 points + defensive driving minus 4 = 1 point...one accident... $1830yr...not bad at all. I recommend progressive. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Re: How much do you pay for insurance?(took for mk4 fourm) (Hilary_duff)

Perfectly clean record.
22, been insured since I was 16
Payed $2500 cdn last year. New rules for insurance companies just came into effect, when I renew insurance it'll be $1700. Or possibly cheaper if I shop around.
A year ago when I bought my car most places wouldn't even consider me because my ROOMMATE who would never drive my car had been in an accident. Other places said $9000-10000 dollars.

So at that time I had to stay with the same company I had before for 2500. Some of the new rules are they can't discriminate based on age, sex, or other people in your house.
All those prices are for comprehensive btw. And for my insurance, liability is based on me, and everything else based on the car. I pay an extra $500 a year for comprehensive compared to liability only. Also the difference between 2.0 and vr6 for me is like $50 a year.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Re: How much do you pay for insurance?(took for mk4 fourm) (JUCED97VR6)

Quote, originally posted by JUCED97VR6 »
ummm.... effe you guys.. i have no points, no accidents, no tickets.. full coverage.. 440 a month..

OUCH.... dude, you HAVE to do something about that.
1 accident, 5 tickets....
I have a 98 2.0, 96 VR, 84 1.8, renter's insurance, and insurance on my wife's ring, and I pay half of that

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.