VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently found a stunning 1985 Cabriolet right around the corner in my neighborhood, and I plan to buy it as soon as I sell my air cooled nightmare.
There is absolutely no rust on this car and it is dark grey with a black top. Everything is great on this car, there are some nasty tears on the seats but the upholstering needs to be redone anyway, cause the designs are really 80's and they suck.
The only problem is: the plexiglass is busted and must be replaced. Anyone know where I can get a new panel, and how much they run ? Please let me know if you do. Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
338 Posts
Re: How much does a new plexiglass panel cost and where can I purchase it ? (Gumby17)

are you talking about the rear window?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Re: How much does a new plexiglass panel cost and where can I purchase it ? (lostinnc)

i buy plexigalss from home depot

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Re: How much does a new plexiglass panel cost and where can I purchase it ? (Gumby17)

cut that plexiglass out and voila! instant year around AC

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: How much does a new plexiglass panel cost and where can I purchase it ? (stevelangford)

I'm talking about the glass in the back. I guess it's not plexiglass, but glass as a whole. I just thought I needed to replace it but in fact I need a new top. Anyone know of a quick fix to keep it in place or where I can order a full top ? All the sites I visit say "top only"
I need a full top and I need to know where a good place would be to purchase one. Thanks,
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts