VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a 1992 corrado VR6 , and i was wondering how many mods would i need to put on a 92 GTI to keep up with my raddo and how much would i have to spend?? also what mods are the most power for your buck?? the corrado is my favorite vw but the a2 golf and jetta's are a close second place, and i think that one of them might be my next car.... or mabie a porche 911

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Re: how much money do i have to spend????(visitor from corrado forum) (corrocketVR6)

Are you talking 8v or 16v. If 92 16v it would be a 2.0 and you would already be starting with one of the best engines vw makes so that would give you a headstart.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: how much money do i have to spend????(visitor from corrado forum) (Caleb)

doesent matter info on bolth engines would be great. i would prefer to buy a 16V but you never know i might find a nice 8v and just go with it
like i said information on bolth would be great and much appriciated

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Re: how much money do i have to spend????(visitor from corrado forum) (corrocketVR6)

buy a high milage 88-92 gti (8v) with a good body, buy a 2L 8v aba crossflow motor for around 500-1000, choose a tranny, or use the one that came with the car if its good, git a nice lumpy cam, thats a good 300, then visit 8vturbo.com and buy a nice turbo setup with a front mount. if u git a front mount from a junkyard u will save about 700 bux. turbo kit will vary in price from 1500-3000 depending on what turbo and blow off valve u go with. make any other repairs to the gti, and provided u didnt pay to much for the car itself, for around $4000 total and a week of straight werk, u can git yourself a nice lil car that should run in the 12's if u have some slicks on it.
for just fun, go buy a late 90-92 jetta gli (or gti if u can find them) with power everything and just cruise, thats what i do

·
Registered
4,490 Posts

Or you could get a 90-92 GTI 8v and do the full cross flow swap with the motronic managment. Do all of the bolt ons such as cams, exhaust, intake, chip, header, cam gear, etc. The whole nine yards. Then pick the forced induction means of your choice. Get a intercooler. That is my plan at least. With all that I would think you could smoke a stock VR6 and maybe even one with mild mods. You could be into 5 grand by the time you are done with all the parts and such but the car would really rock.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: how much money do i have to spend????(visitor from corrado forum) (panic)

hmmm thats a good idea.... mabie i'll do that.... mmmm 12's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts