VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in NY city isurance costs an arm, and a leg and kidney. I was going to buy a regular gti 18t fully loaded but i put everything on hold cause of the DE. The lowest price insurance i could find was $2800 for the year. Each insurance comp kept saying that the cars parts are expensive, how much more will the DE cost to insure???

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: How Much More $$$$$ Will It Cost To Insure Than A Reg GTI 18T (25th GTI)

I dont think it will cost any more to insure than a regular GTI. The reason is, when you talk to your insurance guy he/she will ask what kind of car it is, and you will reply "VW Golf GTI". Even though it is a special ed. to me and you the insurance company still sees it as a golf with 1.8t , I guess what I am getting at is that there is no reason to pay more for the insurance just because it is a Special Edition
Good Luck to ya http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: How Much More $$$$$ Will It Cost To Insure Than A Reg GTI 18T (JKO)

It's not that simple, but the result should be the same. What the agent will ask for is the VIN, which is put into insurance company's computer, which figures out the rating for the car.
I do doubt that the rating for the DE would be any different than any other 1.8T GTI. The engine is the thing they usually look at when deciding the rating between two different versions of the same car. The only other factor is if the DE turns out to be MUCH more expensive than a regular 1.8T GTI

·
Registered
193 Posts
Re: How Much More $$$$$ Will It Cost To Insure Than A Reg GTI 18T (BBMW)

Yup NY and NJ insurance rates are the worst in the country. Gotta love it. Well you can always get married and that should drop your rate significantly. Do they even check up on that?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Re: How Much More $$$$$ Will It Cost To Insure Than A Reg GTI 18T (Auditor)

You guys are wrong about that. The Jetta GLI /GTi ('91-'92) was really high for insurance due to the Recaros, BBS wheels, etc..
The same will apply to this car. If not the first year, definitely the second. (After there are 40 or 50 DE's up on blocks missing their wheels, bodykit, and seats.
Steve

·
Registered
625 Posts
Re: How Much More $$$$$ Will It Cost To Insure Than A Reg GTI 18T (Auditor)

quote:[HR][/HR]Yup NY and NJ insurance rates are the worst in the country. Gotta love it. Well you can always get married and that should drop your rate significantly. Do they even check up on that?
[HR][/HR]​
In Michigan they told me (State Farm Insurance at least) that my insurance might go up! Their reasoning was that I would be more likely to have someone in the car with me, therefore medical bills would be higher if I got into an accident! Whacky reasoning........

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Re: How Much More $$$$$ Will It Cost To Insure Than A Reg GTI 18T (SLVR6)

Because the car will have a six-speed transmission and "sport" seats, it's going to be considered more of a speedy/sporty car than the regular 1.8T. Expensive wheels can't help, either. I'm sure the rates should be higher than a GLS, but it shouldn't be dramatic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts