VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im doing an aba and I wanna know what your project was. mods. and amount of power you were getting
thanks!

·
Registered
12,037 Posts
Re: how much power is your aba pushing (mk II jetta)

just started mine, got the motor dissasembled, and its off at the shop getting borred for oversized pistons .040....
machinist is gonna mill dish's down just a tad, for lower compression
Ko3 Sport
small side mount IC where battery goes behind driver headlight
Cis-e with fuel enrichment module
im gonna see how that runs, if the fueling is bad, then i may swap to a digi1, i dont really want to, i just want to run around 8-10psi, and not loose too much fuel economy
dont know the numbers i'll be pushing, but when its running correctly the dyno is the first stop

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Re: how much power is your aba pushing (the4ork)

some guy told me that a 16v aba setup would put down 140hp stock. True? and is 800 bucks a good price for the swap?

·
Registered
24,968 Posts
Re: how much power is your aba pushing (Amenoveedubus)

Quote, originally posted by Amenoveedubus »
some guy told me that a 16v aba setup would put down 140hp stock. True? and is 800 bucks a good price for the swap?

140 sounds about right. Wut kind of car is it going in and are you just doing a ABA swap. If it's a CE2 car then 800 sounds about right just to swap in a ful aba, computer and harness

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Re: how much power is your aba pushing (Amenoveedubus)

not sure of hp as euro mag said like 147. I have cam, port and polish, shaved head, ported dual down manifold. blown head gasket as i think my block is warped. I wanted to know what you guys have for a compression check. mine was at 160 but my freind had the timming all wrong.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Re: how much power is your aba pushing (hybrid gti 2)

wait I thought a stock 2 liter 16 put down 140 stock, anyway matt good luck with the swap anything you need or help lemme know
plus were picking that block up this weekend, tight balls

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Re: how much power is your aba pushing (maxam)

Quote, originally posted by maxam »
wait I thought a stock 2 liter 16 put down 140 stock, anyway matt good luck with the swap anything you need or help lemme know
plus were picking that block up this weekend, tight balls

2L 16V is 134HP at the crank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts