VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Re: How much should I expect to pay when I get my Valences sanded+painted next week? (gjacob)

Approx. 300 bucks is what you should be paying..

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: How much should I expect to pay when I get my Valences sanded+painted next week? (gjacob)

Hope this helps:
I had my front valence painted when the body shop repainted my bumper under warranty. Charged me an additional $50(US). I later went back and had my rear valence painted as well as my sidemarkers/running lights painted body color as well. This cost me $100(US). I saw the sidemarkers painted body color on a silver Jetta in MAX Power Mag a while back and really liked it as opposed to the clear fad. The light still shines through orange at night...Kinda cool.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Re: How much should I expect to pay when I get my Valences sanded+painted next week? (VDUBfanatic)

quote:[HR][/HR]I later went back and had my rear valence painted as well as my sidemarkers/running lights painted body color as well.[HR][/HR]​
So, you got the side markers and the corner lenses painted? I've seen the corner lenses painted before, but not the side markers. I'd love to see it, got any pics?

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: How much should I expect to pay when I get my Valences sanded+painted next week? (derrickm)

quote:[HR][/HR]So, you got the side markers and the corner lenses painted? I've seen the corner lenses painted before, but not the side markers. I'd love to see it, got any pics? [HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Re: How much should I expect to pay when I get my Valences sanded+painted next week? (derrickm)

derrickm
Your got your lights mixed up. That is the side marker. By definition a side marker is just that, marks the side on a NA car. It does not flash. The light that you are talking of behind the front wheels is call a side repeater. This is strictly a flashing signal lamp that remains off when not in use.
Make sense?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Re: How much should I expect to pay when I get my Valences sanded+painted next week? (HIDGolf)

quote:[HR][/HR]derrickm
Your got your lights mixed up. That is the side marker. By definition a side marker is just that, marks the side on a NA car. It does not flash. The light that you are talking of behind the front wheels is call a side repeater. This is strictly a flashing signal lamp that remains off when not in use.
Make sense?[HR][/HR]​

I understand what you are saying but, if you look in the Driver Gear catalog, the ones you are referring to as a "side repeater", they call it a "side marker".
Either way, doesn't matter I guess. I have seen them referred to as both.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks a lot for the replies guys.

and about the sidemarkers/corners..... potayto potahto hehe

Thanks,
George

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.