-Sunroof
-Factory air conditioning
-60,000 mile major service & maintenance already performed
Thanks,

[Modified by hksir, 7:53 AM 4-7-2002]

· Registered
6,868 Posts
Re: How much should this be? (hksir)

62k miles sounds good but i'd be wary about belts and hoses how long has it been sitting??
anyways, i'd say around $2k if it's what it sounds like

· Registered
7,873 Posts

Yeah, I can understand him wanting $4k. 1 owner w/ 62k miles.
A loaded GTI could go for $10k out the door in 1984 but we'll use $9k as a conservative base. $9k then would equate to over $15.5k today. If this car was in primo condition with all maintenance records, I could see a collector easily paying $5k for this.
I think some of us are forgetting to factor in the "Vortex" recipe:
Take one used MkI,
Place it in a For Sale ad,
Add 50 VWVortex users,
Watch sales price boil down 50% in 10 minutes.

· Registered
7,873 Posts
Re: How much should this be? (4Rings)

quote:[HR][/HR]Yeah, I can understand him wanting $4k. 1 owner w/ 62k miles.[HR][/HR]​
Of course it doesn't mean he'll get it though.
There I go quoting myself again...

[Modified by 4Rings, 3:41 PM 4-4-2002]

· Registered
69 Posts

There is the price what the car is worth, and the price he will actually get for it. It may be worth 4k, but he will have a hard time finding someone to pay that much. At 2k it will sell easy. If you really want it just wait and he will eventually come down if he wants to sell it. (IMHO)

· Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: How much should this be? (stefanapolis)

But, thay guy is not really in a hurry to sell it.. as a matter of fact, it's just setting there... so what do you guys think.?? How much can I talk him down..? I'll try to get some pics..

· Registered
9,806 Posts
Re: How much should this be? (Gewinn)

clean, clean, clean!!!! my only advice is that is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. that easy. that's the funny thing about vdubs. they are worth different things to different people. i've got 10K into mine, am i crazy? i don't think so.

take care,
nash
p.s. personally i wouldn't pay 4 K cause i would end up gutting it out and puttin in a 16v. you cann't do that to a car this clean. good luck!

· Registered
7,873 Posts

Mmmm,
California car, probably no rust, looks to have no dings, owner certainly took care of it. Go up to him with $3k in cash in your hand and see if he bites.
Keep in mind you're in So. Cal. and there is bound to be another buyer right behind you.
Go, quick!

[Modified by 4Rings, 4:26 PM 4-5-2002]

· Registered
479 Posts
Re: How much should this be? (G60Turbolet)

I paid 1500CAD for my 84GLI, its a 2 door with sunroof, and silver. A tiny bit of rust in front of the rear fender, and it has 176000k on it. All service records, runs great, and I think that was reasonable. Would I pay 4k USD for that car that you are looking at. No, but if I lived in the US, and made US dollars, I would buy it for 3k no question, maybe 3.5...4000 seems a bit high still.

· Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: How much should this be? (CrazyGreek)

The car runs and drives great!!! It's flawless.... but I do agree that $4k is bit too much.. btw G60Turbolet, is that person still selling that Gti with 28k? Let me know if it's still there... I'm would like to hear and see about that car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.