VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just called and said she had a 1" door ding (cracked/missing paint). Does anyone know about how much that sort of repair costs?
We bought the car from Peters Nissan in Nashua, and they have the "Bump Clinic." I'll call there, but they're not open yet. Looking for a ballpark figure so I can stop being angry.

EDIT: Inconsiderate people suck.

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's what I think we're looking at. I noticed it while driving next to her on the highway this morning. Asked her to take a look when she got to work and she reported that it was a deep dent with missing paint.
Anger!

· Banned
21,183 Posts
Re: (Varrr6)

most of those dent places are "paintless dent removal"
if there is any paint missing,scratched or even worse right to the metal..you may need paint work as well,and thats when the price will go up for sure
maybe like 200-300$$

· Registered
14,282 Posts
Re: (nastybags)

i'm in the same boat..... my hood has a ding, no missing paint. not so much worried about that one, at some point my girlfriend wants to do a boser, so it will get painted anyway. but the other night when we went to benni's, i parked next to a suv. i gave them alot of room, i always do. but nope, the next morning i notice a huge ding on my rear quarter with a little white paint from the suv.
i've come to to conclusion, if you want to keep something nice, you need to wrap it in bubble wrap and never drive it....

· Registered
7,935 Posts
Re: (mr sarcastic)

Quote, originally posted by mr sarcastic »

i've come to to conclusion, if you want to keep something nice, you need to wrap it in bubble wrap and never drive it....

and kick the crap out of people that don't respect your car

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rest assured my GLI is parked in the very last spot in my parking lot... about 1cm from the grass leaving about 2 ft on my driver door.
my wife doesnt have that luxury at work (i guess).
i called a repair shop and they said $700 if the paint needs to be fixed.

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Re: (jettasmooth)

Quote, originally posted by jettasmooth »

and kick the crap out of people that don't respect your car

i got matching ding on both of my doors cuz of some EF-tard at work. he quit before i could beat his a$$

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a chance to see the dent last night. It's quite strange, it is a few mm bigger than a dime. The paint had chipped away and will continue to chip around the area. Someone must have cranked it, or Nissan paint is garbage (probably a little of both).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.