VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 CC Lux with the 17" alloy wheels w/235/45/R17 with self-sealing nailguard all-season tires.

How much would it cost me to buy a new one of these tires? Anyone have any knowledge or experience with tire buying?

Thanks!

·
Registered
523 Posts
You looking for tires or wheels (rims)? If its tires then search the tire stores like tirerack.com. if you need a new wheel search the for sale section on the forum. I'm sure fellow duber's would be willing to help you out.

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
20,821 Posts
I have a 2010 CC Lux with the 17" alloy wheels w/235/45/R17 with self-sealing nailguard all-season tires.

How much would it cost me to buy a new one of these tires? Anyone have any knowledge or experience with tire buying?

Thanks!
Not much to a lot. The self-sealing tires cost extra money....

You don't need to get a tire with a load rating of 97 XL, which opens up a lot of choices. imo, based on what came with my passat, a minimum of 94 is more than sufficient.

What are you looking for in a tire?

Price? (Low)
Dry Grip?
Wet Grip?
Snow Grip (yeah, it does snow in AZ)?
Low noise?
Comfy ride?
High treadlife?

Put those metrics in the order you prefer, and there should be a tire that best fits your needs.

YOu can get tires as low as $88 per tire... to tires costing over $300 each...

then mounting and balancing (and disposal) can range from $80 to almost $200...

a good site is www.tirerack.com (and use their installer locator to get prices).

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was asking about tires (not wheels). I am considering buying this car at the end of the lease and just trying to get a feel for some expenses I might incur in the future. I had a Touareg and had to replace a tire - the cost was OUTRAGEOUS.

I would be seeking a tire that was identical to the existing - I have had good experience with them.

I'll try that web site to get a feel.

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I was asking about tires (not wheels). I am considering buying this car at the end of the lease and just trying to get a feel for some expenses I might incur in the future. I had a Touareg and had to replace a tire - the cost was OUTRAGEOUS.

I would be seeking a tire that was identical to the existing - I have had good experience with them.

I'll try that web site to get a feel.

Thanks guys!!!
Dealer charges $245 installed per tire. Although that price is for the 18s but maybe $20 less for the 17s. Average store sells them for $200 per tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.