VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
24,318 Posts
From the other thread...

My best guess is $16,000 - $16,500 before taxes. :beer:

That will give you such advanced features as trailing beam rear suspension, rear drum brakes, and a (basically) 30-year old engine design with corresponding power and mileage. All in a nice-looking package with huge interior space. :p:beer:

If you don't need the space, you might also want to look at the new Cruze, Focus, Forte, or even Kizashi, which should give you 30%+ more power and 30%+ better mileage.

· Registered
5,190 Posts
I don't know...VW has so far only announced the base model is around $16,000, which probably doesn't include freight, plus the additional charge on the auto tranny, I'm thinking at least 17K, likely close to 18 without additional options.

· Registered
golf cart hatchback
6,196 Posts
Your dignity.
lol dude where have you been, seems like I haven't seen you post in quite a while. I used to enjoy your posts quite a bit, and even sigged a couple of your zingers.

so isn't the very base 'S' with no radio or A/C supposed to be in the $15's? I'm sure it'll go over $16k with tax and destination, and the auto trans will be around another $900.

even better question, will the bare-bones cars with auto trans still get Tiptronic?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.