VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of numbers am i looking at with a respray of ginster paint on my GTi? how muich would the stealership be and what about other places? i just want to get a basic estimate.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Re: how much would a respray cost (98ginsteryellowGTI)

ahahaahah the stealership would make you give them your car becuase you wont be able to pay for it. I also don't think they do personal orders like that.
But to answer your question, it depends on what kind of quailty you want. I real nice full respray will cost you any where from 2000 to 4000 or even more, just depending where you can find it.
The cheap maeco ones are like 600, but they are crap!

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Re: how much would a respray cost (V a V jetta W 3 6)

Actually, I know a Maeco that does a damn good job. I'm still leary about bringing my car there though

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Re: how much would a respray cost (denyle)

Quote, originally posted by denyle »
Actually, I know a Maeco that does a damn good job. I'm still leary about bringing my car there though

if you call maaco a "damn good job", then you can get a respray for under $1000 nearly ANYWHERE you go. But i would call maaco a TERRIBLE job. They use 2-stage paint and often can't even match your factory color. Plus overspray will end up EVERYWHERE because they don't bother to mask anything.
For a propoer respray, expect to pay around $1500. That depends on how much bodywork they much actually do (dents, etc). And that's with good paint (ppg or DuPonr). Of course, as you add more things to the list (shaving, custom body work, audi handles, etc) the price goes up. Also, if you want to get a color change, the price goes up if they do it right (pull the motor, spray the door jambs, etc).
A friend of mine's shop will strip the car down to the bare firewall as well as pull all the glass, the bumper and fenders, and every other trim piece off of the car whenever they do a color change. But they also will use no less than ppg paint, often using House of Kolors paint.
You won't get in and out of there for anything less than $3k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts