VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering. had to come over to the vw forum from http://www.corral.net to see what kind of mods you all need to get into the 13s. one thing i have to say, tho, is that your 1.8t is impressive. you must realize how much potential you have with a motor that comes from the factory with a power adder. on my car you have to add a blower or turbo to get a big jump...on yours a chip will do. IMPRESSIVE! GeeTEye (sp?) has a 1.8t gti that got a 50-horse increase with an apr chip, not even in race program...awesome. one thing i have to say, tho...
mustang + turbo=450rear wheel hp & 480lb-ft of torque!
sorry, had to get that in there.
anyway, how much $$$ are you talking to get a 1.8t into the 13s? i mean motor, suspension, and the rest. billyT has some kind of trick dual injector thing happening in his car, that couldn't have been cheap!
gino

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: how much $$$ would it take to get a 1.8t into the 13s? (I_Fly_GTi)

so basically you're saying that $3-5k and some decent driving will get you in the low 13s? that seems reasonable. my buddy ran a 14.7 but he is only cutting 2.4-2.5 60-ft times. i think that you are at a disadvantage by virtue of the fact that you are a front wheel drive car (weight transfer and all that). what's a good 60-ft on street tires for a vw?
i can cut consistent 2.1s and the occasional 2.0s, but i'm not the greatest drag racer...i think my sig has my best time, and i have put approx. $2300 in my car...labor and everything. the only reason that it was that much is because i buy the best quality parts, instead of skimping on other parts that would do the job but not last that long. i have heard of stock mustangs (99 and up) running 13.8s with kick-assed driving.
gino

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.