VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much will a Turbo kit with intercooler and a 5 speed swap cost??? not including labor or the other side of the debate how much will a VR6 swap and a 5 speed swap cost??? not including labor

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Re: how much? (dragginjetta12)

First of all, search is your friend, my friend. Secondly, a complete vr6 swap you can find in the classifieds sometimes for around 3-4k$, tranny and all. A turbo kit from say EIP is about $2500, and a tranny of top of that, from a donor car, I'd say about $700 maybe. DOnt quote me on the tranny prices, not %100 percent certain. Best bet is to find someone who wants to swap auto for manual, which may be the hardest task of all. Good luck

·
Registered
13,599 Posts
Re: how much? (ThisAin'tNoCivic)

it all depends on who u know. do u have connections? can u get parts cheap? do u have any friends who are good with a wrench?
Derek (Countblah....) is doing my auto to 5 speed swap in my VR as we speak (pics will be up when hes done). I did the whole swap for a helll of alot cheaper then any shop would want....basically if u have hookups on stuff, it makes everything so much easier..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts