VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,135 Posts
Re: How often do you fill up gas/what's your MPG (gracehill)

on the freeway I get about 25. I fill up every three days and get about 270-280 a tank, but when I fill it I only get 12 gallons in so I still have another 2 in the tank

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: How often do you fill up gas/what's your MPG (late_apex)

highway milage rules I get up to like 28 mpg. However my city mpg sucks for some odd reason, like 12-15 mpg...reminiscent of the 5.0 mustang I used to have

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Re: How often do you fill up gas/what's your MPG (Mencius01)

Hmm..A2 VR......about anywhere from 11-16 mpg city..and roughly 21-23 highway...thats with a bad after-cat o2 sensor.
heres a good one for you folks....when filling up..can you guys get it to go to the "full" mark..its been noted that most A3 people cant get the car to fill up to the "full" mark. Its always about 1/8th below the full mark..anyone elsE? something about leaving the key in the ignition when filling up. I have the same problem.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Re: How often do you fill up gas/what's your MPG (VRpoweredA2)

I just averaged 30.4 MPG through a full tank of gas. Only took 13 gallons on the fill up and I just missed getting 400 Miles on the tank as I only got 395 miles.
I did get 450 miles to a tank in the old Jetta a few times but that was pump to pump non stop highway driving at 55-60 MPH and coasting when I could.
Driving habbits are key to good gas mileage. It is fun doing 55 just to piss people off, the looks are priceless. If I ever get a bumper sticker it will read, "I am doing the Speed Limit, JUST TO PISS YOU OFF!"
Anthony

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Re: How often do you fill up gas/what's your MPG (gracehill)

I fill up around 4 times a month, get similar mileage, 28-31mpg highway, 19-22 street. '98 vr6 gti. heres a hint. get gas from Unocal/76, it seems to help, since it doesnt have MTBE. sorta expensive with 91 octane gas, (highest octane available in Cali) but seem to squeeze out a few more miles with it!

[Modified by ubercruizinvr6, 8:08 PM 1-28-2003]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: How often do you fill up gas/what's your MPG (ubercruizinvr6)

Wow, seems like the older generation engines are pretty thirsty. Great post about going 55 on the highway! I take it to work everyday, about 5 miles, averaging 30 mpg and about 60 mph. I love going the speed limit and then zooming ahead of all nearby traffic by tapping the accelerator a half a millimeter!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts