VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious and wanted to know how often you people wash your cars during the winter months. it gets somewhat cold down here in GA so i bizatch when i wash it (i know i'm a wuss). couldn't imagine washing cars during the winter up north

take care,
nashty

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Re: how often you wash your ride during the winter? (hare up your arse)

Last year I washed it at least once a week. This year I am away from home and the roads are all muddy and there is no real point in washing it.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts

I wash my cabby once a week even though it is off the road and dented (i crashed it into a guardrail)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Re: how often you wash your ride during the winter? (Dutchman)

i have a question...HOW do you wash your cars during the winter. do you continue to do it at home. do you go to the DIY carwashs or(say it aint so) automated carwashes? i usually go to the ones where you can just use their hoses because i dont have access to a hose in the winter. i dont care about you southerners who dont have a real winter(im just jealous i have to deal with this snow crap).

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]just curious and wanted to know how often you people wash your cars during the winter months. it gets somewhat cold down here in GA so i bizatch when i wash it [HR][/HR]​
OMG, you have got to be kidding. I wash my cars once a week period. 15°? no worries.... bring lock de-icer and a scraper

dermass~ DIY wash with the high pressure wand. Make sure you bring a lock de-icer bottle and a scraper, along with some towels. If you're quick enough you can spray the whole car with soap and then rinse in one cycle of the DIY machines. Try RoJo's on Rt 1 in Norwood - they have warm water

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Re: how often you wash your ride during the winter? (Driftin GTI)

As often as is reasonable and prudent.

Whenever it is semi-warm enough so that it wont freeze too bad. If ther's enough room in the garage for the Jetta this winter then I'll do it more often.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Re: how often you wash your ride during the winter? (bluerrrabbit)

I use warm water and Ice fishing mittens so my hands do not get wet and freeze,

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: how often you wash your ride during the winter? (16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]Make sure you bring a lock de-icer bottle and a scraper, along with some towels. If you're quick enough you can spray the whole car with soap and then rinse in one cycle of the DIY machines[HR][/HR]​
that is just too damn funny
people talk about "hardcore" enthusiasts, you guys are rock hard. just the idea of 15 degrees
i'm shriveling just thinking about such temperatures. i bizatch when i wash it, but i do keep my bunny very clean. fortunately, it doesn't get no where near 15 degrees that often

take care,
nashty
p.s. keep em clean and keep em mean!

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
that is just too damn funny
people talk about "hardcore" enthusiasts, you guys are rock hard. just the idea of 15 degrees
i'm shriveling just thinking about such temperatures![HR][/HR]​
funny thing is I'm not even kidding! You gotta do what you gotta do. A week of driving in the snow infested roads will cake up all sorts of ****e in the wheel wheels etc.... A warm water spray wash is great! This is what we face:

·
Registered
15,622 Posts

It get's really cold here sometimes -35C. When it's slushy, I don't wash it often but when it gets cold I wash it coz it stays clean. Once a week would be about right.
Dirty car makes me depressed. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
41,531 Posts
Re: how often you wash your ride during the winter? (Batan)

quote:[HR][/HR]It get's really cold here sometimes -35C.[HR][/HR]​

wouldn't that be like -80 F??????

·
Registered
562 Posts

glad I live in AZ where the sun shines and girls wash their cars in december wearing a bikini

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Re: how often you wash your ride during the winter? (arric)

maybe if I drove it during winter I'd experience some of these problems

·
Registered
197 Posts

I had a hot and cold outdoor hose spigot installed in my garage. I just attach a hose and I get warm water to wash the car with in the driveway. Makes washing the cars much more pleasant in the winter! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,117 Posts

I go to a heated DIY place. I wash my car every two weeks but I do a full wax every time. I also rustproof the car at the beginnning of the winter season before the salt trucks go out.
Reason why I don't wash it every week is that it stays clean for about 10-15 minutes and then it's filthy again. I just do my best to protect the paint.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Re: how often you wash your ride during the winter? (Old school)

My A3 gets the car wash every few weeks

The rabbit is garaged until it is done, and then it is a spring/summer only car http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
16v is right, the winters up here are brutal. I would never subject an A1 to a new england winter....

[Modified by schleppy, 10:19 AM 11-30-2001]

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: how often you wash your ride during the winter? (arric)

quote:[HR][/HR]glad I live in AZ where the sun shines and girls wash their cars in december wearing a bikini[HR][/HR]​
girls, bikinis, girls, cars, girls, washing. uuuhhhmmm

take care,
nashty

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]​
I am so glad I live out here. I wouldn't even drive my Jeep GC in that crap.
I haven't washed mine in over a month. It only leaves the garage on sunny days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts