VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How rare was the 1997-2001 Toyota Camry CE V6 manual in the US?
For that generation of Camry, manuals were rare. For that generation of Camry, the CE trim was rare. And buyers looking for a CE (cheap edition) might have been less likely to want a more expensive V6 engine. So although this combination was a theoretical option, how many such cars actually existed?

·
Registered
21,776 Posts
Re: How rare was the 1997-2001 Toyota Camry CE V6 manual in the US? (tjl)

Very rare. One guy on my Contour forum traded his SVT for one as he was looking for a softer ride. It can run high 14s to low 15s in the quarter.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts

if i recall from my celica days, trd had a decent handling pkg for that gen camry, but i never actually saw one w/ it installed

·
Registered
9,089 Posts

I think they were available only for '97 and '98. The CE version was rare in its self. Mated with the manual and the V6, the Camry was very rare, I imagine. Rare Camry, imagine that

·
Registered
17,135 Posts
Re: How rare was the 1997-2001 Toyota C ...

I know someone who has one http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif He got it a couple of years ago second hand. But he had the sludge problem though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.