VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time now I have been trying to find a part number for the left and right side seat bolster paddings for my car: I have the Recaro's with the power tilt base that came stock in my GTX. Some of you might think that I should just ask VW. Well it's not that easy.
I actually work as a Parts Person at a VW/Audi dealership and still can't get a part number for these pieces. No it's not that I'm incompetent, rather, the paddings for the power tilt base are obsolete and have been for so long that they aren't even in the system anymore.
I'm pretty much asking if anyone knows the part numbers for these pieces because then I still might be able to locate them. If not, maybe some suggestions for where I can get one fabricated... etc.( I have tried a foam shop and it didn't make any sense $ wise unless I was going to make thousands of them)
Sorry I don't have a pic... If it helps you guys understand exactly what I'm looking for, the part numbers for the identical parts left and right on the Recaro's with the manual base are 191-881-377-b and 191-881-378-b.
How resourceful is the Vortex?

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: How resourceful is the Vortex? (Spyder_01)

Quote, originally posted by Spyder_01 »
not sure how resourceful it is ......no one has figured out how to fix the infamouse cold start problem

Isn't that VW's job?

·
Banned
14,893 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Spyder_01 »
not sure how resourceful it is ......no one has figured out how to fix the infamouse cold start problem

On what?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: How resourceful is the Vortex? (Vdubs)

Quote, originally posted by Vdubs »
Have you tried calling Recaro?

I haven't tried calling Recaro.
Now let me just flip through my phone book... Ah Recaro!
Just kidding.
Thanks for the idea. I'm gonna try and find some contact info for Recaro.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

the vortex used to be goo about 2 yrs ago. there is very little knowledge right now and i would be lucky to find any good responses. do a search on my name and the simplets little things cant even be aswered right. example, i asked which tranny was stronger, 16v or an 8v from a diesel and i only got 1 response out of i dont even know how mnay views.

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Re: (Vdubs)

Quote, originally posted by Vdubs »
You guys are losing the plot, Mk2's don't have an infamouse cold start problem and you're trans question was answered.

Digifant does. Well, more of a cold IDLE problem. I replaced coolant temp sensor, 02(was shot), checked for vacuum leaks and grounds and I still have the same problem - cold idle sucks and nothing regulates makes it idle higher when cold. Oh, yeah, my ISV was changed too...

·
Banned
14,893 Posts
Re: (Batan)

Quote, originally posted by Batan »

Digifant does. Well, more of a cold IDLE problem.

No it does not, just cus a couple of cars have a smilar proplem doesn't make it infamouse, what it means is either you can't fix it or you wont spend the money fixing it.

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Re: (Vdubs)

Nah, I wouldn't call it infamous. It actually annoys me when people bash Digifant and I think only reason for that is because they don't understand it(neither to I but I'm not affraid of things I don't understand).
I didn't find it THAT important to actually get someone to fix it. I still want to figure it out on my own...
O2 sensors are exoensive but I had to change mine anyways so no big deal.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts

seems to me that they would be the same part number as the manual base, if the seats seem relatively the same. Order them through VW if they're not right, say the customer who ordered them didnt want them anymore.
I'll check etka tonight for ya (gasp I said the nono word)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: How resourceful is the Vortex? (Mbiggy)

Quote, originally posted by Mbiggy »
seems to me that they would be the same part number as the manual base, if the seats seem relatively the same. Order them through VW if they're not right, say the customer who ordered them didnt want them anymore.

I already ordered in the pads for the manual seats and they aren't the same. I even thought about modifying them but they aren't similar enough to do a respectable job.
Quote, originally posted by Mbiggy »
I'll check etka tonight for ya (gasp I said the nono word)

You will need to have a old version of EKTA because the part # has been out the system for a long time. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.