VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i'm a first time poster here and a long time Volkswagen enthusiast since I as a child. I have fond memories of my mom's Rabbit Mk1 and my grandfather's Diesel Jetta's Mk1 and Mk2. It was the first generation Jetta that made me fall in love with Volkswagen. I was really fascinated with the Diesel Sound which I think was part of it. It was really loud back in those days. I took on the brand myself with a Mk5 Rabbit and now I currently have a MK7 Golf.

I need to install a new Gas Door Actuator in my 2015 Golf which I have owned since new. I am not sure how to access the Gas Door Actuator from the inside. I am hoping someone can tell me how to remove the interior covering on the right side of the trunk/hatch. It is not obvious to me what I need to unscrew if anything. I don't want to start pulling on things for the heck of it,:confused:

Any help I can get I would greatly appreciate.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
If it's anything like the mkV you can gain access by removing the upper and lower interior in the hatch on the corresponding side of the fuel door.

I didnt replace mine but did have to reach my arm up in there to manually move the actuator once when i had my door panel off but forgot I needed to get gas.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
The workshop manual's instructions for replacement of the "fuel filler door unit" do not make mention of any interior disassembly.

Removing

- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Remove the bolt - 3 -.
- Remove the fuel filler door unit boot from the filler neck - 2 -.
- If equipped, remove the fuel filler door unit boot from the reducing agent filler neck.
- Remove the fuel filler door unit slightly toward the rear in direction of - arrow a - out of the retainers.
- Tilt the fuel filler door unit - 1 - out of the side panel in direction of - arrow b -.
- Guide the water drain hose - 4 - out of the side panel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts