VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have the diy saved on their computer, i couldn't find it on cached google and since vortex **** out all the archived threads im outta luck

· Registered
1,360 Posts
I'd like to know as well. 2001 Jetta
Youlll need a 4-channel hi-low converter to tie into your stock amp in the car to pass the low signal to you sub for the bass while your speakers will play mostly your high and mids.
Amp wiring kit(ground,power wit fuse,remote,rcas)
Amp
Sub
Sub box

If you need a DIY i can make one for you im a former geek squad stereo installer.

21,662 Posts
That would be a Hi-low converter. That you would tie into the wiring harness that plugs into you stock amp for you door speakers for the monsoon system.
to keep the factory wiring harness clean, I ordered both a male and female factory connector from www.enfig.com (christian) and then tapped signal from the rear speaker leads to provide high-level signal to a converter then to the amp.......but then I change my system.

I now have a complete DSP bypass created by using a blown Monsoon amp....I pulled the input connector from it and used it to tap the signal from the HU to a JBL Clean-sweep, from there it's all lo-level to the amps, then use the output connector from the Monsoon amp to plug back into the factory wiring harness for the front and rear speakers, with the sub directly connector to the sub-amp.

clean factory looking HU with nothing looking aftermarket.....amps hidden where the spare was, and only the sub is visible once you open the hatch.

· Registered
1,360 Posts
to keep the factory wiring harness clean, I ordered both a male and female factory connector from www.enfig.com (christian) and then tapped signal from the rear speaker leads to provide high-level signal to a converter then to the amp.......but then I change my system.

I now have a complete DSP bypass created by using a blown Monsoon amp....I pulled the input connector from it and used it to tap the signal from the HU to a JBL Clean-sweep, from there it's all lo-level to the amps, then use the output connector from the Monsoon amp to plug back into the factory wiring harness for the front and rear speakers, with the sub directly connector to the sub-amp.

clean factory looking HU with nothing looking aftermarket.....amps hidden where the spare was, and only the sub is visible once you open the hatch.
Or you can do taht and take the install a few steps farther but if you looking for a simple install i can give the a write up for it or if you want to do it the way hes talking about i can write that up too.

· Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my car already has the high/low installed, the p/o did it. i was looking for where it said how to hook the trigger wire from the cd changer

· Registered
473 Posts
well,idk what sub ur thinking of adding,but what i did was added a sub with a built in amp. I have a FUSION 10' sub built in amp,pushing around 150watts. I paid total of 280 with parts,labor,all wireing, and 2 year warranty at frys. alot of ppl doubted the sub, saying Alpine,Kicker,MTX are the best and that i got ripped off. Once they hear it,they dont say ****.Ive had it for 2 years no, no issues whats so ever.it might not sound loud as other,but for me its perfect. Since i bought to reduce the bass coming from stock speakers and having the sub take over the bass.

· Registered
18 Posts
Ok, so I just checked my remote wire and it is the little light gray wire on the bottom of the harness in hole number 8. There is an 8 stamped on the outside of the harness indicating the hole. This is not to be confused with the larger dark gray wire. Hope it is the same for your vehicle and good luck with the install.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.