VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...yeah i had them put in at the shop today and i told the guy a little high but not monster truck 4x4...when i got it back, i was gonna cry...it was STOCK HEIGHT...these are H&Rs, so i asked him about adjusting them, he said they didnt have time, it wasnt hard u could adjust it urself...anyways...any tips on adjusting them???...besides wheel alignment cuz im getin one after i adjust it...so any info is appreciated...thanks...
p.s.the main reason i asked is becuase there are two srpings, the big one, and the little one on the bottom, and it says that the bottom spring should always be compressed...something like that...

[Modified by snuffyboy3, 12:44 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Re: How to adjust H&R stage one coilovers...a3 jetta (snuffyboy3)

just turn the collars till the ride height is where you want it bro. Might help to measure on each struct how far down you've wound the collars. also measure from the top of the wheel arch to the ground from side to side (on flat ground of course) Other than that, it's real straight forward, find the height you like then have it aligned. Although i would let it sit for a few days cuz the springs will settle a little....

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Re: How to adjust H&R stage one coilovers...a3 jetta (bollo)

Loosen the locking collars with the wrenches, turn until it's dropped down to what you want, then tighten the locking collar. When you lower the car, put some 2x4s under the tires or the jack will get stuck since the car is much lower now. Go out and hit some corners at 40mph to settle the shocks, see if it's the height you want, then get an alignment

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: How to adjust H&R stage one coilovers...a3 jetta (bollo)

...cool thanks for the info, im gonna go and have some fun tomorrow...

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: How to adjust H&R stage one coilovers...a3 jetta (Zwoobah)

exactly what he said...but measure from the bottome of the locking collar to the last thread, so that both the fronts and rears will be the same....make sure you make the rear a lil higher like .5 or .75 inch higher in the rear so that it is level...or a lil raked

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: How to adjust H&R stage one coilovers...a3 jetta (Euro Flavor)

...ok...well the back is raised too, but the front is higher, the guy said the front is like 1/2 inch higher...but im gonna lower the front like another 1 1/2"...cuz lookin at it now makes me wanna cry from how low it was before...
....wish me luck tomorrow...my baby is going down in the front...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Re: How to adjust H&R stage one coilovers...a3 jetta (snuffyboy3)

good point Euro Flavor... forgot to mention that....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts