VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

want to polish up the lips, then protect them with clearcoat. what steps are involved here?
help, tips, ideas, thoughts, opinions, hints or sarcastic remarks welcome.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: How-to bling bling polish my RM lips and clearcoat (a1jettagli)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Red October)

Quote, originally posted by Red October »
If anyone has info on this procedure I would like to here it too. I have a set of wheels that I want to do too.

word yo, the peoples gots ta know~!~

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Re: (a1jettagli)

I can offer this, clearcoat is harder to put on a well polished metal suface, because it has little to stick to. Someone mentioned clear powdercoating, but I don't know if that is for real or not

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (blubayou)

well i phoned a wheel shop and they want 150CDN per wheel to bling bling 'em up and clear coat. if i can save 600 bonez by doing it mysizzelf i'd be happy.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Re: (a1jettagli)

If you already have the equipment and environment, and are magic fingers, then this might work for you. Otherwise, the pros will do it better for lower cost, if you value your time at over CDN $15/hr.
<edit>
Those wheels look bling enough, but maybe someone has or can make a stainless steel insert. For complete bling, the lips must be anodized in gold metal, especially in rim sizes under 18".

I was thinking, if I were to bling some mudflaps / mudguards, they must be of sheet rubber, with polished metal end weights, like the truckers. Ha, maybe with LED lights in the weights. Nah, not for me, lean too much into the EuroRicer.

Modified by jhillyer at 4:56 PM 7-5-2003

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bling enough??!! bling enough??!!! THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH BLING!!! EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~can i touch it?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Re: How-to bling bling polish my RM lips and clearcoat (a1jettagli)

me if you still need info on polishing / protecting your lips i can talk you through it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts