VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, first thing you need to do is make sure that your tranny is totally messed up (either develop a fluid leak, or just abuse the buhjesus out of it, I chose the later), ok? Now you hear that noise...it kinda sounda sounds like someone rubbing sandpaper on something whenever you put a load on the transmission, this is your key to success, once you hear this noise you have less than 3-6 months of transmission life left (those who know this sound may be able to distinguish it in this short film http://www.acc-unlimited.com/morpheus/vids/Movie01.mov). Now go out and find some snow (this worked best in my case, but you may find that doing a burnoff can achieve the same results), make sure you get stuck. When you get stuck get real angry and rev the motor up to about 4000 and dump the clutch, did the engine die or cool loud noises come from the transmission? If not attempt that last step again, and if that don't work move back to the begining and start again. When you do finally break it this is what it may look like:

WARNING: individual results may vary, please consult your mechanic before attempting, also, try to get yours on film....

Edit: the vid should work now....for those of you with quicktime.

[Modified by MorpheusMac, 10:02 AM 4-5-2002]

· Registered
10,044 Posts
Re: How to blow up a 2H (MorpheusMac)

Yeah for rivets! but the movie doesnt work!

· Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: How to blow up a 2H (Dan-'83 Rabbit GTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]This post should be rated "R" for graphic violence and gore!!
Seriously tho- my tranny is making a similar sound- I think those shots will scare me into a tranny shop SOON!
[HR][/HR]​
get on it...or one day...you'll be sorry, or lucky that you already planned on replacing the tranny with a 2Y and while you're in there doing a little 16V swap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.