VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend recently purchased a 2003 Jetta 1.8t with optional sport luxury package, but i am not sure if the dealer just swap the 17" wheels from another car in order to make more money. Is there are codes for the options that come with the car, i believe they have a sticker which stick on the truck near the spare tire has everything on it.
thx

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Re: How to check if my car has sport pkg or just the wheels? (kans)

my sport suspension ahs adjustable dampening, so just check that.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Re: How to check if my car has sport pkg or just the wheels? (1fastdub)

I think the sport springs have blue stripes on them. Ask the dealer parts dept. about that, to be sure.

·
Registered
367 Posts

The windows sticker should say if you have a sports package or not.

-=SGI=-

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I think there are 2 blue stripes and a white stripe on the spring
since it is not a showroom car so there is no window sticker

·
Registered
367 Posts

Hmmm... all brand new cars must have a windows sticker (required by law) from the manufacturer to show the options it has and where it is made (and where and what percentage of the parts came from) and the city/highway mileage and of course the VIN number and the MSRP!!!!
Since you said it's a 2003 model, then I'm 99.9999999% sure it's a first hand brand new car and must have a windows sticker.

-=SGI=-

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: How to check if my car has sport pkg or just the wheels? (SGI)

From what i remember, the sport pkg comes with 17" alloy wheels and lower springs right, if the car doesn't have sport springs and we can easily notice from the wheel gap right
correct me if i am wrong

·
Banned
3,170 Posts

the sports suspension is not that easy to see. im not sure if it is even the eibach's the dealer sells. but you should have a sticker. i worked at a dealer and we took off the stickers for show but gave them when they were sold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts