VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short, someone dropped an egg on my car on the driver's side by the windshield wiper stalk. the egg oozed into the engine bay area right there (honeycomb like plastic) and went down by my suspension.
can i force water down to clean it out? or do i have to try and remove the plastic to clean.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: how to clean section of engine bay...halloween punks (krazyboi)

The same thing happened with a previous car of mine. I washed it till the egg came off but it had been sitting in the sun before i knew that someone had egged the car, and so even though I got all the egg off, it reeked of rotten egg every time i would leave the car was in the sun. And running the AC for 6 months afterwards was no fun, cause all you would smell was rotten egg. Not fun stuff.
But i just washed the section of the engine bay the best I could.

·
Registered
15,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (aeitingon)

Quote, originally posted by aeitingon »
Ouch! Do you hand out crappy candy?

nah, handed out regular sized m&ms, snickers, skittles, etc. and there were 5 other cars parked in the same area...just mine was hit

·
Registered
55 Posts
Same thing happened to me this year but it didn't leak into the engine bay.
Go to a super market and buy a gallon of vinegar the cheapest kind.
Pour about a cup or two on to the egg and let it break up the proteins for about 5 minutes. Then fush out the vinegar and disolved egg with water. do this about 3 or 4 times and you'll be good. I would do it as sonn as possiable. Then go and give the car a good wash and you'll be good as new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts