VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im on my last few days left here in afghanistan and shortly will be making this project happen. just about all the parts are in, just waiting to order a few more things from arnold at pagparts. i wanted to take the time to thank everyone thats helped with info and suggestions over the past couple months. looking forward to meeting you all that have given insight and tech info. my friend Tommy Connolly and i will are building this little project. Special thanks to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and Chris Tapp from eurodyne( iasked him a million questions for sure). My brother Rob, my friends PJ, Nick and Adam, special thanks to my friend brett who is shaving the bumpers and respraying it for me. And most imprtantly the wife, who is letting do this project, love her to death....i bought the car in 2004 as a hold over only owner and right now sitting around 80k on milage, figured it was time for an overhaul and time for my k04 to hit the road. sorry some piks arent the greatest, the wife was taking piks for me as items were coming in. :beer:

its an 03 GTI AWP engine code with 5 speed transmission
WHATS IN IT:

T3 bottom mount mani w/ MVS gate flange (from pagparts)
GT3071R.76a/r with PAGPARTS upgraded compressor wheel w/ vband discharge
Eurodyne 750cc custom mafless file(with maestro7 suite)
mounting stud kit
Tial MVS WG 1 bar (38mm)
3inch downpipe w/ dump tube and clamp
SEM 80mm intake manifold
75mm TB from INA
custom (purple) cams from bobq
super tech valve springs
19x144mm rods form integrated engineering
ACL rod bearings(w/tang)
Piston rings OEM set
Supertech Inconel Exhaust Valve set
Supertech SS Nitrided Intakes Valve set
custom port and polish
snow performance stage2 water/meth
walbro 255 inline fuel pump to go with
apr intank fuel pump
turbosmart MBC
arp head bolts
hot deck and plain
TIAL 50mm BoV
kinetic motorsports FMIC
fferacing custom catch can
peloquin LSD
spec stage3+ clutch
weitec coilovers
nuespeed 28mm RSB
.:R32 front and rear leather seats

also, Brett Hudson is shaving the rub strip and side markers for my bumpers and doing a full respray of the car. it defiantely needs it. staying black on black
wanted to say thanks to everyone that has helped me out. my sig has all the links that i got my hardware from. thanks again for everyone involved.

heres my POS mk4:

the 50 trim

the manifold and downpipe:

wastegate:

SEM 80mm intake manifold:

bobq's custom purple cams:

the seats:

more piks to come as i get them from home. everything is in now, except a few things from arnold like i said before. shooting for 400whp....i hope i can get there. as the rest of the build happens more postings will be in. feel free to comment good or bad advice, all advice has some learning aspect.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Lookin good, buddy! I'll be in the same boat. I was hoping to get started on my junk this summer, but due to my unit's OPTEMPO and me constantly being on TDY away from here, it just never happened. Now that my unit is in the chute to deploy again, I've resolved myself to tackling it after I get back from the 'stan. Well....no. I take that back. After I get back, I'll be PCS'ing back to the States. So, it'll have to wait until then. FML. Oh well. I look forward to seeing your isht done! Rathering interested, as I have a CTS 3071r kit waiting to go on my motor (same turbo config, save for the v-band discharge). Do work! :beer:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lookin good, buddy! I'll be in the same boat. I was hoping to get started on my junk this summer, but due to my unit's OPTEMPO and me constantly being on TDY away from here, it just never happened. Now that my unit is in the chute to deploy again, I've resolved myself to tackling it after I get back from the 'stan. Well....no. I take that back. After I get back, I'll be PCS'ing back to the States. So, it'll have to wait until then. FML. Oh well. I look forward to seeing your isht done! Rathering interested, as I have a CTS 3071r kit waiting to go on my motor (same turbo config, save for the v-band discharge). Do work! :beer:
right on brother, be safe and keep youre head on a swivel. stay in touch man :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
NIIIICCCEEE! Fa Sho Man Keep Yo Head On A Swivel Till u Get Back 2 Tha States! :thumbup::wave:

·
Registered
572 Posts

Our car's both have the same blank stare :laugh:

Gonna be fun when complete :thumbup: keep it rollin'

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
you will likely make more with the intake manifold, throttle body upgraded. but heres my pump gas dyno. stock intake manifold.tb.stock cams w/tubular vbanded manifold. 25 psi.

goodl luck making it home safe and completing your build

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
^^^ why u say that? i was throwing around the thought of a ball bearing 50 trim myself but i am totally ok with the turbo i have now and i'll only upgrade if i win the lotto

·
Registered
11,908 Posts
I like the peak power of the 50, but spool up and respool suck on this thing. My setup's like an On/Off switch for the most part. A DBB CHRA for the 50 is more than what a new JB PTE Billet turbo would cost. A billet 3071R or maybe a billet 30R is prolly where I'll end up.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you will likely make more with the intake manifold, throttle body upgraded. but heres my pump gas dyno. stock intake manifold.tb.stock cams w/tubular vbanded manifold. 25 psi.

goodl luck making it home safe and completing your build
yes sir, i saw the thread with your dyno numbers, nice work man. i should have it on a dyno late march early april, gotta love Vermont weather lol. i will def post up what i get for numbers. :beer:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
doing a gasket match port and polish for intake side, exhaust side will just be a clean up job. not planning to over bore or do pistons, not going to be putting the car to the track that much and not going to be running 30psi. daily driving at most likely 20psi and maybe bump it up to 25psi just to to have some fun with guys that think they have a cool car......lol. should have dyno numbers as soon as the weather in Vermont permits. head is off and im looking into getting it hot decked if there is anyone around my area that can do it......search has turned up nothing as of yet.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.