VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw this video, where Consumer Reports explained how to Disable Traction control and ABS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=zUPnAA_Y3XI

Basically, you put the car ignition (Key, or Button Start) into accessory mode, turn on your hazards, and then pump your gas peddle 5 times. Once you do that, the Traction Control light will light up on the dash, and the TPMS light will flash. Then start the car, and traction control is disabled. Once you turn off the car, it resets to normal. Looks like an easy way to disable the traction control if you need to spin your way out of being stuck... I just tried it on my 2015 Jetta SE with Connectivity, and it worked, but once the car detects the back wheels are turning, it shuts off the disabling. :mad:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well darned. It turns off once you move the car a few feet. I'll have to try it in winter on ice and snow to see if having the front wheels spinning faster than the rears allows a short term disabling. Maybe enough to move it a few feet... :banghead:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.