VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I know the topic of Adaptive Lane Tracking has been brought up a few times but I figured I would make a quick and easy guide on how to enable this feature with OBDEleven. I just did this modification on my 2017 Golf R and it works great. I can definitely see how many people wouldn't like it but once you enable the feature it can easily be turned off in the assistance system settings if you don't like it. Anyways, here it goes:

First, select "Front Sensors Driver Assistance System":

Second, select Security Access, enter the code 20103, press enter, then go back, select Coding and find "Point_of_intervention". It should say "late" like this:

Third, select "Point_of_intervention" and change it to early (setting via menu) like this:

Fourth, press the green check mark and verify the change was successful. If everything went correctly you should get a setting under lane assist on the MIB2 called "Adaptive Lane Tracking". Just select that and next time you are on the freeway you will feel the car trying to center itself in the lane and sometimes trying to pull you off the road ;)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
This requires the car to have DAP right? And if the car has DAP then it should already have this feature standard right?

I have an early build MY17 without DAP, meaning I'm missing lane assist, park assist, and light assist.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This requires the car to have DAP right? And if the car has DAP then it should already have this feature standard right?

I have an early build MY17 without DAP, meaning I'm missing lane assist, park assist, and light assist.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Correct, the car needs to have DAP installed so it is equipped with the correct camera for this functionality. The DAP cars have lane assist standard which just keeps the car from leaving the lane. Adaptive Lane Tracking attempts to actually keep the car centered in the lane similar to Tesla Autopilot (but doesn't work nearly as well).

·
Registered
757 Posts
Oh cool... Any way to do this with VCDS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found it....for me it wasn't under coding. I went to adaptation and searched intervention.....
On OBDEleven the setting is found under both Coding and Adaptation but the only way I could get the feature to activate was by changing the setting in the long coding. Did it work for you after changing the setting in adaptation?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
On OBDEleven the setting is found under both Coding and Adaptation but the only way I could get the feature to activate was by changing the setting in the long coding. Did it work for you after changing the setting in adaptation?
When I went into coding. I didn't see the setting so I searched it under adaptation and it came up.....made the change aND seems to have worked yes

·
Registered
855 Posts
I tried this on my 17 R DSG DAP and it didn't work. It gave me an 034 message that it failed. I tried reusing the provided code but declined.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried this on my 17 R DSG DAP and it didn't work. It gave me an 034 message that it failed. I tried reusing the provided code but declined.

Hmm... Did you enter the security code before attempting to change the coding? I had to enter the code first before attempting to change anything. The last five of my VIN is 11018. Is your car newer or older?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hmm... Did you enter the security code before attempting to change the coding? I had to enter the code first before attempting to change anything. The last five of my VIN is 11018. Is your car newer or older?
Last five on mine are 01672

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any options to extend the time before it disables LKAS with the hands off the wheel, or the speed at which it activates (defaults to around 40mph)?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts