VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i swapped out the suspension. im now running koni struts with weitec 68 mm springs. It seems like every wheel i run on the car rubs horribly. Granted i started out with 17's on the car but it wasnt even driveable because it rubbed on the fender so bad. SO i went with 14's running a 185/60/14. they clear but over small-medium bumps im still rubbing. How do you guys run 16's or any wheel for that matter on lowered cars? i know most people run coilover but the guy with shock/strut cmobs, what is the secret.

· Registered
2,916 Posts
Re: how to get low (candyapplebluemk2)

Quote, originally posted by candyapplebluemk2 »
ok so i swapped out the suspension. im now running koni struts with weitec 68 mm springs. It seems like every wheel i run on the car rubs horribly. Granted i started out with 17's on the car but it wasnt even driveable because it rubbed on the fender so bad. SO i went with 14's running a 185/60/14. they clear but over small-medium bumps im still rubbing. How do you guys run 16's or any wheel for that matter on lowered cars? i know most people run coilover but the guy with shock/strut cmobs, what is the secret.

Strange, I don't have rolled fenders and I don't rub with my 195/60/14's. Are you lower than I am?
Here's a pic:

· Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: how to get low (SaintVR6)

kind of a dark pic you posted but im think i am lower than that...i'll try and get a pic up . as far as rolling the fenders with a base ball bat how do you go about doing that? any good DIY's on here for it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.