VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a mk2 gti 16v and i want to get a sound without changing original back-box,what are the changes which i got made???
thx in front

·
Registered
508 Posts
Re: how to get sport sound on my mk2??? (medo_cg)

drill 10 medium sized holes along your exhaust between your cat and your back box.

·
Registered
25,556 Posts

Quote, originally posted by medo_cg »
i got a mk2 gti 16v and i want to get a sound without changing original back-box,what are the changes which i got made???
thx in front

I have no idea what you just said.....

·
Banned
648 Posts
Re: (AthensGTI)

i have no idea what a back-box is....... but generally people on here get a cone intake which adds a real throaty sound when you hit the gas, and a full exhaust. full being bigger piping from your cat down to your muffler, and getting an after market muffler. Also you can remove the cat and resonator, but I wouldn't advice doing this if you live in a town where police don't like exhausts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Re: (GermanWannaB)

If I were you i wouldn't waste too much time tuning for sound unless it's a stereo system

·
Registered
3,408 Posts

Quote, originally posted by medo_cg »
Full Name: roki oki

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Re: (GermanWannaB)

Quote, originally posted by GermanWannaB »
i have no idea what a back-box is.......

It's a term for the rear muffler. Say if someone got a chrome pep-boys muffler, that's just the "back-box," as opposed to a "cat-back."

meow

·
Registered
15,945 Posts
Re: (estus)

I like hittin the box from the back!

Dont waste time doing what you are asking, save $200 and get a TT cat-back system.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Re: (brelvis25)

If you arent interested in changing your exhaust, then drilling your airbox is your only choice(or cone filter) You can take the intake snorkel out of the airbox or just drill a bunch of holes in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts