VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to: Install headlamps bulbs (especially high beam and city lights)

if any of you have any tips, please share.
thanks.
was able to get the low beams bulbs in but getting to the high beams and city lights bulbs seem almost impossible.
how did all of you change the bulbs?
thanks.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Re: How to: Install headlamps bulbs (shotofgmplease)

I just put new PIAA LED city light bulbs in my E-codes along with VisionPlus bulbs for high/low/fogs. I couldn't get my mitts in there to save my life, so I just took the assemblies out alltogether. It was still pretty fresh in my head and it didn't take too long. Not sure why VW would've designed a maintenance item like that, however.
Good luck!
-Wayne

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Re: How to: Install headlamps bulbs (Wayne92SLC)

I did it, dont get me wrong it was tuff, but you can do it, you just have to want it. Or get someone with small hands.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

Wierd, I hear people complaining how hard it is to replace the bulbs but I've had no such bad luck. The left side is very easy to get to and you just have to remove the battery and cover to get to the right side assembly. The hardest thing I experieced was getting the 2 clips on the back piece to slide back into the main assembly and lining up the metal clip to snap back on and lock the assembly. The bulbs came out no problem though and I don't exactly have small hands either.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Re: How to: Install headlamps bulbs (20thAEGTI#991)

Maybe the e-codes are different in the rear. I can't remember what the stockers looked like from behind.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts

OMFG!!!!!
Highbeams are a pain in the @$$ to replace. I decided to replace mine about two weeks ago. Lets just say that after the install, the score was headlights:1 me:0 I was only able to get the passenger side one in, and came out bruised and battered. whenever I decide to finish the install of the driver side high beam, I will most definately remove the battery.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Re: How to: Install headlamps bulbs (secretaznman)

I dunno guys...I can get the grill, bumper skin and headlight assemblies outta da car in less than ten minutes. It's not difficult at all. Let me know if you want a play-by-play.
-Wayne

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: How to: Install headlamps bulbs (Wayne92SLC)

Quote, originally posted by Wayne92SLC »
I dunno guys...I can get the grill, bumper skin and headlight assemblies outta da car in less than ten minutes. It's not difficult at all. Let me know if you want a play-by-play.
-Wayne

just take the bumber/grill off, it's not that hard.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
i can't get city lights out. do they pop right out or do u have to twist? wtf. someone let me know

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
Re: (wahpao)

Quote, originally posted by wahpao »
i can't get city lights out. do they pop right out or do u have to twist? wtf. someone let me know

PULL , it wont break.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts