VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a certain way to keep your car from going into limp mode at all? Anything you should do, other than just not running a lot of boost. I believe my car is in it now, but it only used to peak at 13/14 psi, now its only going to 4psi. Would disconnecting the battery work? And how would I keep it from doing it again?

· Registered
2,010 Posts
Personally, I think the diode mod is a bandaid. If you're actually getting boost pressures high enough to cause the PCM to safe things by going into limp, masking the problem with a diode and essentially lying the PCM about engine conditions seems a cheesy cop-out and a risky proposition.
If the car is going into limp it's because it's overboosting. Either you've got true boost regulation issues or you're spiking. If you're spiking, get a good MBC (e.g. boostvalve, TurboXS HPBC etc) in parallel with the N75 and adjust it to limit boost to below the limp threshold. Your connecting rods will thank you...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.