VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Up the hill, pause to turn and Where' the frikin' GO button ??

:rolleyes:

Good subject OP.
Have had my car 2 years now and never delved into the brains, operation or intent of a DSG. I've got a lot of reading to do to see where this fits in so here's my spoiler-

Coming up a hill to a light, I can't see oncoming traffic to make my left turn until the hill crests flat. At that point, the pedal is let up so DSG must hesitate as I read from the first post here. Whine this happened a few months ago, I didn't have any working understanding of the 'modern' transmission and it felt like the car dies or stalled. It was a bit panicky for me because I was ready jolt out there having time to beat oncoming traffic when W. T. F. ??
Serious time lapse and senior moment for me thinking I had F'N stroke or something. I've driven manuals all my life and take care and handling of a car pretty seriously. If I've read this right, I need to learn the DSG game or put the thing in Sport maybe ?

Anyways, I'll read on through in chronology seeing if my situation shows up by others and I DO welcome any response or input along the way. T Y :)

~ bach

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice writing post how to play dsg. No I am new here and need advice. Before 2y., I change clutches and repair mehatronic on DQ200 LKF from Golf 5 1.9tdi 77kw BLS. Now after 2y., and 20tkm. When I shift in D and release brake he shift from 1 to 2. Then I move shift arm in tiptronic because I don't want he shift in 3. I am on big parking and drive 30km/h. But when I back in D and release gas pedal and still going on 830rpm so no foot on gas pedal. In moment when I need to accelerate I place foot on gas pedal and slowly going down. In this moment rpm going on 1050 to 1100rpm but filing i like I am in N. And on board is still 2 gear. And if I press accelerate pedal more then hard kick but stay in 2 gear.
This is one problem.
Other is when going in R press gas pedal he start moving but when I released pedal he kicks.
One more thing. If someone have info for EU campaign please say. And if someone know for new software.
My data: 0AM 300 048G
Coding 0000020
Components: GSG DSG AG7 431 2106
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Up the hill, pause to turn and Where' the frikin' GO button ??

:rolleyes:

Good subject OP.
Have had my car 2 years now and never delved into the brains, operation or intent of a DSG. I've got a lot of reading to do to see where this fits in so here's my spoiler-

Coming up a hill to a light, I can't see oncoming traffic to make my left turn until the hill crests flat. At that point, the pedal is let up so DSG must hesitate as I read from the first post here. Whine this happened a few months ago, I didn't have any working understanding of the 'modern' transmission and it felt like the car dies or stalled. It was a bit panicky for me because I was ready jolt out there having time to beat oncoming traffic when W. T. F. ??
Serious time lapse and senior moment for me thinking I had F'N stroke or something. I've driven manuals all my life and take care and handling of a car pretty seriously. If I've read this right, I need to learn the DSG game or put the thing in Sport maybe ?

Anyways, I'll read on through in chronology seeing if my situation shows up by others and I DO welcome any response or input along the way. T Y :)

~ bach
Sorry about this being a very late response, but in that case, if you just gently brake, and downshift (Either using paddles in d/s or full manual mode) it'll expect you are slowing. The braking can be gentle, but keep downshifting while braking, then when you are ready to go, you'll already be in the right gear. Or knock it in to sport mode and it'll end up in a lower gear due to the mode programming, and then just pop back to D when ready or upshift with the paddles if the gear is revving too high.

Best luck.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts