VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Re: How to program Valet Key (silverhopper)

quote:[HR][/HR]does anybody know how to program the valet key on a 2000 Jetta.[HR][/HR]​
Program it for what? If you got it with the car, there shouldn't be anything to do; it should work already (all it's supposed to do is open the door and start the car). If it's a new one, you have to either have the dealer do it or use VAG-COM.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Re: How to program Valet Key (DanB35)

OK if you have a new remote: take the working key and start the car. Then take the new key and stick it in the door. lock the door and hold it. push a button on the remote till the horn honks. You are done. Simple huh. Oh and its in the owners manual too.

Whoops I can't read sorry But now you know how to program a remote.

[Modified by GmanX, 6:40 PM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: How to program Valet Key (GmanX)

thanks for the info.
Actually, i don;t have a new remote. I have the 2 orignal remotes which are working . I just ordered a new "Valet key" that doesn't start or open the car. I want to program/activate the "Valet Key"
thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Re: How to program Valet Key (silverhopper)

quote:[HR][/HR]I just ordered a new "Valet key" that doesn't start or open the car.[HR][/HR]​
If it doesn't open the car, it isn't cut right, and there's nothing you can do about that. To program the immobilizer, you'll need VAG-COM, all the keys you want to work, and the immobilizer's secret code. The procedure is similar to http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/key-matching.html.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.