VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in removing/relocating the ASR and HAZZARD button on my dash. I read a post about a special VW tool. Does anyone have a part number or no a price??
Is there any other way to get these buttons out?
Thx!!

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How to remove dash buttons? (Stealth_GTI)

Do you have a Bentley? can you list the part number or page so someone can look it up for me? Thx

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: How to remove dash buttons? (Dutch4motion)

Thanks! Great first post!!

It is an odd looking tool.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: How to remove dash buttons? (judoGTI)

No thanks.
I had mine removed without the tool.
If you have the side-ones off (the dummy/seatheating ones) you can get a finger behind it, it is possible to wiggle it out.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Re: How to remove dash buttons? (Dutch4motion)

I've seen this pic 100s of times, and I still can't figure out what the bottom half is showing

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: How to remove dash buttons? (Helicon Twist)

Quote, originally posted by Helicon Twist »
I've seen this pic 100s of times, and I still can't figure out what the bottom half is showing

Isnt that just unplugging the wire harness?

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: How to remove dash buttons? (judoGTI)

In the top left and top right of the L-R vents respectively, there are 2 torx screws.
Open the vent and unscrew them. Make sure you have a magnet tipped driver or a magnet next to the bit.
Then you can pull out the whole assembly and unhook the switches from behind. No prying of anything.
Then put a piece of electrical tape behind the screw hole on the vent assembly. That will lightly hold the screw in place safely until you get it in place and get the screw started.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Re: How to remove dash buttons? (Jman5000)

Quote, originally posted by Jman5000 »
Open the vent and unscrew them. Make sure you have a magnet tipped driver or a magnet next to the bit.
Then you can pull out the whole assembly and unhook the switches from behind. No prying of anything.

Once you remove the two screws, ins't something else holding in the whole center vent assembly? Snaps, tabs, something like that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts