VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know how to remove the inner door handle, I am NOT talking about the handle that you use to open the door, I'm talking about the one you grab on to and pull to close the door, the whole plastic piece. I am having my body shop paint some interior pieces soon and I need to know how to remove these handles, also are there any tricks I need to know about removing various dash pieces, because I am having them painted too, thanks in advance!
Here's a pic of my interior...

·
Banned
158 Posts
Re: How to remove inner door handle..NOT the one that opens the door... (VW THUNDER)

I think they just pry off... that's how I got mine off when I replaced the door panels on mine.. good luck!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Re: How to remove inner door handle..NOT the one that opens the door... (VW THUNDER)

ahhhh Thunder dunworry about it! but yeah, o-dot is right, they just pry right off, just be careful to avoid scratching dem things

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: How to remove inner door handle..NOT the one that opens the door... (golfkid1.8)

Hmm, how can they just pry off...I mean the window switch is connected to the thing...i just take a screwdriver and start prying? Where do I pry from, I'm so confused

·
Registered
761 Posts

Its two pieces , the outermost piece can be taken off using a flat screwdriver , just start from the bottom and run it along all the way up, once off , u have to remove three (maybe 4) more screws that attatch the handle to the door panel itself.... hope this made sense http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: How to remove inner door handle..NOT the one that opens the door... (N2ThaRed)

THANK YOU! that explanation should suffice, I know what you mean. I appreciate it, thanks again! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I just hope I don't F anything up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts