VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks everyone. great tips here http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by HareRocket at 5:16 PM 7-26-2006

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
You just need to use a deep allen head socket or a allen key and a wrench... Im not sure on the size off hand... You dont need to reuse the guides or replace them if you are swapping in digi cups.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: how to remove motronic injector cups... (HareRocket)

thanks man, i was banging on m for a while

·
Registered
11,305 Posts

I want to say its a 13mm deep allen. I wasnt able to find a 13mm, but found a 12mm that worked good enough. If you are replacing the cups and injector seats then GAP I believe has decent prices.
Steve

·
Registered
8,157 Posts

Yeah, its a 13mm Allen, which of course, is a very odd size. I couldn't find a 13mm either, but 1/2" is almost exactly the same size as 13mm, fits better than 12mm, and is much easier to find. Still though, I'm trying to get my cups out too and they are in there tight!! I haven't gotten them out yet and I'm afraid I'm going to hurt something... How has anybody else done it? Just plain force?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
all i had was a 12mm allen. i got two of them out, then i just decided to pull the intake manifold and use vice grips. worked perfectly!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Re: how to remove motronic injector cups... ('88Jetta16v)

just plain force with a 1/2" allen. sears has em http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
510 Posts
Go to the hardware store and buy a 25 cent 5/16 bolt. The head fits in there purfect. then use vise grips to turn them out

Cheaper than the 9 dollar allen tool.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I used an 8mm bolt (2" long) & 2 lock nuts locked together. The bolt head fits in perfectly. The 12mm hex is good also. Liquid Wrench too.

·
Registered
11,305 Posts
Why rig something up just to get the things out? Do it right and buy the right tools. You'll save more time in the long run.
All the right tools make a huge difference.

·
Registered
14,826 Posts
Re: (Scuba2001)

The 12mm "triple square" bit that is used for head bolts works nicely if you have one laying around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts