VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a product that remove oil(10W40 full synthetic by the way) on the carpet. because i had a liter of oil in the back of the driver side and the liter leak on the carpet so the half of the carpet and the half under the carpet is full of oil so how remove this oil. thanks

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: how to remove oil from the carpet (g60roddo)

If nothin else try soaking it with car cleaner and soaking it up with a sponge or paper towels, clean the carpet after with a good carpet cleaner to get rid of the smell. I haven't ever tried this so don't take my word for it, I'm just taking a stab in the dark!

· Registered
1,693 Posts
Re: how to remove oil from the carpet (CorradoLARO)

gojo (orange hand cleaner)....apply little by little with your finger, wipe with paper towel, and as leatherique says "...patience will be rewarded with good results..."

· Registered
2,925 Posts
Re: how to remove oil from the carpet (gomer)

if you spray brake cleaner onto a towel then rub it on the stain then clean it all down with a plain old damp towel it might come out. brake cleaner has the same chemical for dry cleaning in it. just don't spray it right onto the carpet and don't use to much. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
299 Posts
Re: how to remove oil from the carpet (greeeen94SLC)

Use "Shout" the laundry pretreater. Works great spray on and work in , then add a little water and vacuum with the shop vac. And it won't damage the carpet like something else listed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.