VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the one that the factory wizards used to keep morons like myself from messing with the mixture.

I was going to carefully drill it out, but I thought I'd get some input from the experts brfore I go dumping tiny metal shavings into my fuel distributor.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Re: how to remove that thing (teerok)

If it's Motronic car don't touch it. make sure the air plate is adjusted to specs before messing with the mixture screw. use an ammeter to measure the DPR current, adjust the plate to bentley specs and check current again

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an '88 1.8 litre 16V (code PL) with Bosch K-Jetronic CIS-E injection and TCi-H knock senor ignition.
If it was Motronic I woulda said Motronic.
damn these boards can be annoying

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Re: (teerok)

If you want to drill it out.. yup do it. The plug has two parts, soft aluminum top, hard steel bottom.
My Motronic Bentley says to drill the soft aluminum top part of the plug with a 2.5mm (3/32 in) bit and then use a sheet metal screw to extract the hard steel bottom plug. Adjust the idel mixture screw with a 3mm hex wrench. Don't know anything about Jettronic.. so good luck with that.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Re: (killa)

Quote, originally posted by killa »

I was just trying to help

watch this guy messing the mixture and coming back here crying how his car has no power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts