VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7,158 Posts
Popped right out? :sly: I had to break mine in peices... even damaged the trim around.

I was going to post how to remove it at the time but no one ever asked so i thought it was going to be easy.. 1 hour later.. I broke it off.

Well im glad it was easy for you.

JT

· Registered
1,595 Posts
Guess the old-school handbrake handle between the seats was more reliable, eh? All the electronic systems on the B6 spooked me enough into springing for the extended warranty...something tells me it might be money well spent (especially since we are a 1-car family).

· Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
DIY Steps

Here are the simple DIY steps:

1) Open driver side door
2) Pop open the fuse door on the side of the dash
3) Use a flat head and flip the small light blue "OPEN" tab towards the front of the car, this should release the wiring from the switch.
4) Pop the "Parking Brake" switch from behind and it'll pop out through the front of the dash.
5) DONE!!!

Here are some mobile shots of the switch;

· Registered
7,158 Posts
The button is like 30 bucks shipped.. for that price I dont need to sit a the dealership for an hour just do it myself. Ohhhh the blue clip.. i was trying to release the metal clips.. dont even remember anything blue on the switch. Well good to know thanks!

JT

· Registered
92 Posts
i just buy a new switch also ,, does it replaced from the same side same as brake switch ?

also iv replaced just driver side switches , cant remove back and passenger side switch

anyone know from where i can replace after that show in pic ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.