VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Re: How to Reset Automatic Transmission (13minutes)

I tried the "sport mode" hack and didn't notice any different. I have a drive-by-cable, not drive-by-wire - does this make a difference? also must i start it instantly after releasing the gas pedal?

·
Registered
20,984 Posts
Re: How to Reset Automatic Transmission (T99inFL)

Quote, originally posted by T99inFL »

The above is the alternate procedure to perform the transmission adaptation (synchronize to the throttle body) without Vag-Com.
Now if you want to engage Sport mode
on a Mk IV:
Ignition on (not engine)
Depress the gas pedal TWICE to activate the kickdown switch
Release the gas pedal and Immediately start the car
Notice how it shifts different?

Modified by T99inFL at 3:16 AM 12-22-2003

just wondering, what would happen after driving around after doing the sport mode, and you shut off the car, then start it up again? would it be still in sport mode or would it reset back to normal?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: How to Reset Automatic Transmission (T99inFL)

Now, if I put my car into "sport" mode, and want to change it back to "Ecconomy" or "Normal" mode, how would I do that??
Just asking in case I have to make another 5 hour road trip and don't want to waste gas.
Thanx all.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: How to Reset Automatic Transmission (Deadman)

I think VW has complicated things. I've seen many cars (OLDER cars too) with the basic, Econo and Power mode (or Normal or Power Mode) switches. Why didn't they just do that??? All this programming with Adaptive tranny etc... what a nightmare. AND they don't tell you about it in the manual. There are times i was to drive slow, it should be just a flick of a button.

·
Registered
14 Posts
95 Golf 2.0 4dr. i've been having this transmission problem which when i accerate to 3000rpm, it jumps to 4000. i tried the method it seems work~ i tried the sport mode, cant' tell if it kicks. going to have the golf checked tomorrow. first VW car. looking forward~

·
Registered
208 Posts
All I can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH! Everyone with a MKIV Auto needs to know about this. Pushing the throttle 2 times didnt do anything, but the 20 seconds did. I didn't know my 2.0 could even go like that! Thank you so much, that has put a massive smile on my face.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
:popcorn: just bumping this for knowledge =)

·
Registered
7 Posts
reset

I just did this on my 05 Jetta TDI which has been shifting odd since I bought from my sister. She never had a problem so hopefully this takes care of the "missed" shifts, slamming into gear, coming out of OD at 76mph, etc. No codes either!! I will find out on the drive home!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.