VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking in the Bentley Corrado manual and it says that the control unit has to be reset to reference setting after removing the throttle potentiometer (auto trans only). How do I do this without VAG 1551?

· Registered
24,970 Posts
Re: How to reset control unit after fixing throttle potentiometer? (16Vpassat)

not a good idea to drive the automatic tranny without the TPS on the digimat control unit. it will only stay in "3" when faulting.

· Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How to reset control unit after fixing throttle potentiometer? (mrkrad)

I have the TPS connected. But I disconnected it before when I fixed one of the broken wires. How do I do the reset without the VAG 1551?

· Registered
24,970 Posts
Re: How to reset control unit after fixing throttle potentiometer? (16Vpassat)

i think this was covered in the automatic tranny forum. something about stomping multiple times before starting, or something along that line. maybe holding the gas down for x seconds before going from run to start. resets the transmission computer to its default settings or sport mode i forget which. could never tell the difference since i left it on sport all the time. passat have sport mode switch?

· Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: How to reset control unit after fixing throttle potentiometer? (mrkrad)

Yeah in the bentley it talks about holding down the gas pedal and turning the ignition on and off. But again this is with the VAG 1551 which I don't have. I pulled the battery off, hopefully this clears the codes after a few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.