VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father purchased a Fire Truck when it went out of service in my hometown, thinking it would be lots of fun. But (surprise, surprise), it hasn't been used much (only one parade!). Now he wants to sell it, but we don't know how to go about doing it. Ebay is a possibility (there are only a few on there though). Anyone have experience with such things?
The details:
1957 Ward LaFrance 70' Ladder truck
Just out of service with ~9k original miles on it

· Registered
14,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How to Sell a Fire Truck (hinshu)

Interesting Idea, but it isn't really worth anything as a functioning truck (would cost too much to certify it which is why it was sold to the private sector)

· Registered
14,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: How to Sell a Fire Truck (turbo_nine)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Do VFDs in Vermont need to certify their trucks? I know Marlboro has one or two really old ones... [HR][/HR]​
Yes, I think even we do that. This was in service two years ago, so I think older trucks are OK, as long as they are serviceable. Its not like Northfield needs a ladder truck, as the tallest building is like 40 feet.

· Registered
14,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (PineappleMonkey)

quote:[HR][/HR]Start up a power wash business on the side
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
[HR][/HR]​
Well its only a ladder truck... There was some thought of rentingit to painters etc. But boy would that be a pain.
Thanks for the links guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.