VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just would like to know what would be the best thing to do in order to soften the ride in my Jetta. Curent suspension setup:
60mm Jamex springs all around
KYB G2 Gas Struts allround
15inch Corrado Sebring Wheels
195-50-15 tires.
I dont relly care about the ride height so im considering putting back OEM springs. Other than worsen the handling, would this help soften the ride. My current setup is too, too hard. I cant even drive downtown T.O. without the CD player skipping at least 50 times.
Any advice would be helpful
Thanks

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Re: How to soften the suspension? Ride is too harsh (TUGZ S2K)

quote:[HR][/HR]Just would like to know what would be the best thing to do in order to soften the ride in my Jetta. Curent suspension setup:
60mm Jamex springs all around
KYB G2 Gas Struts allround
15inch Corrado Sebring Wheels
195-50-15 tires.[HR][/HR]​
Yeah you'll have to lose the Jamex springs, and I've found that GR-2's don't last real long. You might consider a Weitec 40mm kit (not quite as stiff) or Neuspeed Sofsport springs and Boge TurboGas shocks. This is a proven combination that's comfortable, but doesn't lower the car but maybe 1/2". There should be some folks here who have the Weitec kit that could give an opinion on the harshness.
[edit] Whoa you have a VR6 swap? You'll need the VR6 strut bearings, maybe you've blasted your A2 strut bearings and that's your main problem? Anyway you should have the updated bearings, that will raise the front end a little, you can make up for it with lowered upper spring plates like TMTuning sells. You can use the heavy duty TurboGas that fits the Corrado, Adirondack sells it for only $60 US each.

[Modified by A2B4guy, 6:00 PM 1-25-2003]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts