VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Speed has gotten rid of their (admittedly poor) coverage of the WRC, how can rally fans in the US watch the WRC? I'm sure that there is a way to download European feeds through Bittorrent, but does anyone know where to find them? How are the rest of you going to get your WRC fix this year?

·
Registered
2018 VW Atlas, 2013 Audi allroad, 1974 Split Window Bus
549 Posts
Re: How to watch WRC in US? (SamPBronkowitz)

I did a quick torrent search yesterday and came up with nothing. I'll be checking today too.
I just found out yesterday the SpeedTV didn't pick up WRC this year, and I think the freakin' blows. There's an online petition about their crappy programming: http://www.petitiononline.com/SpdTV/petition.html

·
Registered
979 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SamPBronkowitz »
Now that Speed has gotten rid of their (admittedly poor) coverage of the WRC, how can rally fans in the US watch the WRC? I'm sure that there is a way to download European feeds through Bittorrent, but does anyone know where to find them? How are the rest of you going to get your WRC fix this year?

I know! I couldn't find anything either!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I'm on my second year of WRC+, it's only talking and split times but in many ways it's better then TV because it's live and they talk to the drivers as they finish a stage. Then I'll buy the end of year dvd, next freakin year!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: How to watch WRC in US? (not_so_furious)

I did a quick search as well and no luck. Last years were apparently posted at http://www.tidbit.org but the site is down now. Anyone know where any torrent coverage is being posted?
Can1

·
Registered
256 Posts
Every rare moment WRC is on speed I'm glued to the set. Getting some extended coverage would be great 1 hour for a mutilstage 3 day rally just doesn't cut it

·
Registered
2018 VW Atlas, 2013 Audi allroad, 1974 Split Window Bus
549 Posts
Re: (HK1980)

Quote, originally posted by HK1980 »
eurosport live feed.see all the coverage there.

I would be happy as a pig in ****e if I could get Eurosport. Can you get a video feed online?

·
Registered
181 Posts

Speed Channel sucks for dropping WRC coverage. i like NASCAR too, but i don't need to see it 24/7.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts

i just found the swedish rally on torrentspy

and Monte Carlo is in progress

Modified by roccostud at 5:02 PM 2-14-2006

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Re: How to watch WRC in US? (eastcobbler)

I have been getting the Eurosport feeds via torrents found on sites and they are blazing fast downloads. Gotta love p2p

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Re: How to watch WRC in US? (GTImeister)

check this thread:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2480375
i had the same trouble. you need another codec. follow the link the dude in thread sent me and it should help. i don't recall exactly which codec i needed, but now it works (i was getting audio only)
hope i don't need yet another for Catalunya (fingers crossed)...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: How to watch WRC in US? (GTImeister)

WOW this post is 2 months old but hopefully somebody will notice this hopefully!!! I downloaded a few of the videos from enormouslysideways.net but when i play them on windows media player or any of them for that matter the sound doesnt match the video (sound is way ahead of video) and the picture freezes every few secounds... please if anyone knows how to solve this (codec or something) let me know i desperatley miss my WRC

1 - 20 of 56 Posts