VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,718 Posts
Re: How to you put braided fuel lines on a motronic car ? (ABA Scirocco)

the only time people do this is when they're forced to, ie swapping into a mk1 where all the fuel lines are shaped to come from the drivers side.

· Registered
955 Posts
Re: How to you put braided fuel lines on a motronic car ? (Mbiggy)

Quote, originally posted by Mbiggy »
the only time people do this is when they're forced to, ie swapping into a mk1 where all the fuel lines are shaped to come from the drivers side.

if your ends are still in great shape (the banjo fittings, and injector coupling area) there is a company called Paragon that I used back in oh, 1998.
I'd have to dig through receipts and what not to find their location. I had 90GLI16V cis-e motronic lines changed over to stainless overbraid on the high pressure teflon? lines. All they did was measure the original lines to length, cut their tubing, then put a hex crimp on the metal sleeve where the old line was. I reinstalled everything, and they still work fine.
Beats paying dealer price for lines.

· Registered
7,518 Posts
Re: How to you put braided fuel lines on a motronic car ? (Wasserwerks)

Quote, originally posted by Wasserwerks »

if your ends are still in great shape (the banjo fittings, and injector coupling area) there is a company called Paragon that I used back in oh, 1998.
I'd have to dig through receipts and what not to find their location. I had 90GLI16V cis-e motronic lines changed over to stainless overbraid on the high pressure teflon? lines. All they did was measure the original lines to length, cut their tubing, then put a hex crimp on the metal sleeve where the old line was. I reinstalled everything, and they still work fine.
Beats paying dealer price for lines.

man you got find that receipt or the place to get those. my motronic lines are so rusted that i'm afraid they'll snap any day soon.

· Registered
465 Posts
Re: How to you put braided fuel lines on a motronic car ? (hotshotz16v)

just use the injectors and lines from an old cis porche...they will bolt up to your fuel distributor, and fit in the inserts in your intake....exact fit. The key is to use CIS injectors with CIS lines (most are braided), and motronic injectors with motronic lines. Some (maybe all?) Porche injectors are brass, which is better anyway (I think for corrosion resistance?). They sprayed a lot finer and more consistant than the motronic ones I had, so I switched to them. The injectors and braided lines were $10 total at the junkyard.

· Registered
955 Posts
Re: How to you put braided fuel lines on a motronic car ? (hotshotz16v)

Quote, originally posted by hotshotz16v »

man you got find that receipt or the place to get those. my motronic lines are so rusted that i'm afraid they'll snap any day soon.

no luck in finding that original receipt yet, however I did run into a person at an indoor swap meet up at the Big E.
I have a business card, the name of the place is Performance Pros racing hose. Same type of hose I have, with stainless steel outer braid and teflon inner core. His name is Barry, and the number is 413-885-4260. Apparently he does custom stuff for motorcycles, brake lines and what not, and the fittings are wicked smooth. A real nice job on what he had displayed with him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.